We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome for 5 days in April

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Rome for 5 days in April

I am looking for some advice regarding my trip to Rome in April. Looking for an area to suit middle aged and older females. I have looked at tripadvisor reviews regarding accomodation and I am thinking that approx 150 - 200 pounds per night would get us somewhere central, relatively authentic, with breakfast etc. - happy to pay less though! Campo de Fiori area seems to suit us well, having had a look at some other forums. Any suggestions regarding accomodation?

Also do you think that 5 days is too long in Rome - if not can you give me suggestions as to a plan for 5 days?

I look forward to receiving some advice, as I would like this to be a memorable time for myself and my mother - celebrating my 50th this year my mother 75!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome for 5 days in April

5 days is the bare minimum you should spend in Rome, there is so much to see and do. With fewer days you would just be rushed and would not be able to get a good feel for everything Rome has to offer.

Try venere.com for hotels, you can enter your budget and location and read reviews.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
88 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome for 5 days in April

If you are going this April, you may trouble finding a place to stay. We stayed at Nicholas Inn(near the Coliseum) and it was fabulous. As far as 5 days, it depends on what sites you want to see, how long you take to view them and if you want to be on the go all day. My wife and I spent 4 days in Rome and would visit at least one site in the morning and one in the afternoon. I think it will all depend on how active your mom is.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome for 5 days in April

Five days would be good. That gives you plenty of time and you can go at a leisurely pace.

Piazza Navona is our favorite area. We've stayed at the Hotel Navona. The last few trips we've stayed at Casa Navona Apartments.

Safe travels!

4. Re: Rome for 5 days in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 10:20