We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upper tier tickets to Colosseum

Connecticut
Level Contributor
154 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
upper tier tickets to Colosseum

I believe this is the proper site to purchase tickets but I don't see the option for the upper tier. Is it too early for April 14th? Thank you!

www.ticketclic.it/gb/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,092 reviews
from US$76.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$412.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,855 reviews
from US$123.90*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,653 reviews
from US$57.40*
Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: upper tier tickets to Colosseum

The underground and upper-tier tour is presently suspended. It will possibly resume in March. Keep your eye in the Web site, which is the correct one.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
154 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: upper tier tickets to Colosseum

If it isn't available I would still like to buy some kind of ticket to avoid the line and maybe get a tour. If I wait for the upper tier do you think I will risk getting the time and day I need in April? (3:00). Thanks.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,664 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: upper tier tickets to Colosseum

You should be fine. they only book the tour about 30 days in advance so just keep checking. You must click on the "collect onsite" option for the underground and upper level tour.

Donna

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: upper tier tickets to Colosseum

You can get Roma Pass and skip the line. No booking required.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,664 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: upper tier tickets to Colosseum

The romapass is only good for entry, not for tours. If you wish to book a tour using the romapass you'll need to call to let them know you already have entry tickets.

01139 063996 7700

Donna

Calgary
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: upper tier tickets to Colosseum

We are also looking to do an underground and 3rd level tour in April and called Pierrici this morning. She said they are not currently running the tour and to call back in March for any changes.

7. Re: upper tier tickets to Colosseum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2012, 16:47
sydney
Level Contributor
29 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: upper tier tickets to Colosseum

Hi has anyone tried to contact Piericci about the underground tours recently? Can;t see anything on the website. We are hoping for a tour in June.

Indianapolis...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: upper tier tickets to Colosseum

I called Pierici last Friday, March 9, and was offered "Third Ring" tour for 9:40 a.m. Monday, March 19. My email confirmation says "Vista Subterranei" so I have my fingers crossed that it will include the underground. At present, only counting on upper level being open.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,664 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: upper tier tickets to Colosseum

There is nothing available on the website through mid May They may be selling them to people who call. You can try it and see.

011 39 06 39967700

If you are using a romapass let them know or they will charge you the admission price as well as the cost of the tour.

Donna