We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe and reliable Transportation services

Portland
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Topic
Safe and reliable Transportation services

We are a group of 4 people planning a trip to Italy this summer. We need a really realiable and trustworthy transportation service to take us from the airport to the hotel and also from hotel to the train station for an early departure (7:30 AM) from Rome.

Anybody has any suggestion or personal recommendation for a specific company or individual whom we can contact from here and make arrangements before hand?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe and reliable Transportation services

Private car and driver (€45 and up per car). For not much more than a taxi, you can have a driver waiting at the exit from Customs at FCO or at your door in Rome. Prices start at €45 or €50 for two people. Companies that provides this service and are often recommended on TA are: www.romecabs.com and www.romelimousines.com.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,301 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe and reliable Transportation services

RomeCabs provides exceptional service and dependability. You can read hundreds of reviews on this site.

We've used them on 4 trips to Italy for transport to/from the airport and also for a tour to Tivoli.

Nice Mercedes vehicles; sedans or minivans depending on the number of people, prompt and dependable service, English speaking drivers. You can book with them and relax.

Portland
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe and reliable Transportation services

Thanks a bunch for your prompt response. Sounds like Romecabs is the way to go.

Will do so...

Looking forward to the trip and counting days form now itself..

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe and reliable Transportation services

A normal Rome taxi charges a flat 40 euros from Fiumicino airport to the center of Rome, for up to four people and their luggage. I believe the prices for a private driver for four people are considerably higher than those mentioned above.

You don't say where your hotel is, but a taxi from the center of Rome to the train station is usually about 15 euros. In this case, there are small charges for luggage, except for the first bag. There is also a small charge for the trip from the taxi stand to the hotel. I usually have my hotel arrange the taxi, and I make sure they know I want a normal taxi, not a limousine service.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,152 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe and reliable Transportation services

RomeCabs now charges €55 to carry 4 people from FCO airport into central Rome. You can save €15 by walking out of the terminal to the official taxi rank and taking a taxi for the fixed price of €40. Rome taxis are just as safe and reliable as a private car and driver.

Portland
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe and reliable Transportation services

Thanks for your suggestions SydneyNick and bvlenci. Going out of the airport to get a tzxi from a taxi stand should not be an issue. Becuase we have never been to rome before and wouldn;t know one street from the other I am a little skeptical. But if they are reputed to be safe I have no problem using them.

Thanks again..

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,152 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe and reliable Transportation services

The taxi fare from FCO to central Rome is fixed at €40. The driver has no reason to take you by a long route!

8. Re: Safe and reliable Transportation services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 10:18