We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Italy Source" Reviews

pa
Level Contributor
93 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
"Italy Source" Reviews

Has anyone used Italy Source recently (2011). I am planning a trip to Italy in Oct.2012. Thanks.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: "Italy Source" Reviews

I used Italy Source to plan a trip to Italy this spring and had a very negative experience with this husband-wife team. Things went well until I asked why our rate for a 9 night package was the same as our friend's 14 night stay. They refused to disclose any specific pricing details, ( e.g. just how much am I paying for that airport transfer?) and hid behind some vague "policy" that you agree to one package price and that is all the information you get. I was told to go elsewhere and was very glad I did. You can come to your own conclusion about their lack of transparency-mine is that they're untrustworthy. LP

Charles Town, West...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: "Italy Source" Reviews

Response by the management of ItalySource LLC. The comments posted March 27, 2012, are totally misrepresented. In fact, after this traveler became so difficult, we advised him that we would not do his trip. He was highly offended at being turned away. The reason he could not get the rates his friend had gotten was that he waited until the hotels we originally found for him were all sold out. We gave him a great quote, below our listed price, but he diddled around for a month, then came back and threw a fit when we could not duplicate the earlier quote, becoming insulting, As for detail, we have no problem telling people the details of pricing. We did not tell him any more details, simply because by that point, we no longer wanted to work with him. We just wanted him to go away. He is correct about one thing, that you can come to your own conclusions. Just read the other reviews about us.

PUERTO RICO
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Italy Source" Reviews

May to June 2013, booked a Anniversary celebration trip through the Amalfi Coast, then South of Tuscany using Barbara and Joe from Italy Source. We had the best time, hassle free, Barbara was careful to comply with all our requests. We were very satisfied with all hotels and drivers on our 2 wk trip. Our guides were knowledgeable, agreeable and pleasing. Wish they covered more areas , we would definitely recommend them and looking forward to our next trip.

Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: "Italy Source" Reviews

We are planning a honeymoon in Italy and found Italy Source. Am wondering how long we want to spend in Tuscany. We really want to see Rome too along with Venice, but are wondering if we are going to have any chill time with 10 days. Any thoughts??

Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: "Italy Source" Reviews

Did you use Italy Source??

We are planning a honeymoon in Italy and found Italy Source. Am wondering how long we want to spend in Tuscany. We really want to see Rome too along with Venice, but are wondering if we are going to have any chill time with 10 days. Any thoughts??

Edited: 29 December 2013, 04:27
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Italy Source" Reviews

I have been searching for reviews as to whether people have used ItalySource as well and keep coming up short. A few things I noticed, the reviews on their website are from 2011, they have no Yelp page from what I could gather on Google, and aside from their website, no real internet "presence". I emailed them and got a response 13 days after I initially inquired about their services. When I emailed back with a sort of loose idea of my plans and a conservative "budget", I was basically told they can't work with me and to just "do it myself". My challenge isn't so much with that advice (I am doing just fine planning travel with the reviews and forums on Trip Advisor) I was put off by the fact that they offer ranges on their website, but clearly only want to work on the higher end of a price range. They didn't even give us the option to up our budget or change our destinations, nothing. They were done. My impression is that they didn't want our business or were not willing/flexible in their itineraries at all. Perhaps, this is why you can't really find any reviews on independent sites or that their own site reviews are outdated. I will say that their website has a lot of good information in general, so maybe check that out and do the planning yourself.

Waikoloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Italy Source" Reviews

We just found Italy Source, also called Europe Source, and used the personal, professional service of this small American company. It is nice to know that such a travel agency still exists with experienced experts to arrange a whole trip in this age of clicking around the Internet all over foreign and domestic sites and wondering what to do. The travel agents worked with us in a very timely manner because of a specific target period to travel to Paris with our added attention to Normandy in France in this year of the 70th anniversary of D-day. After returning from a successful, smooth visit, it is appropriate to recommend these folks, especially to support a small firm still offering traditional service in the U.S.

Fairfax Station, VA
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Italy Source" Reviews

I have now traveled twice with Italy Source and am so pleased with the professionalism of the Italy Source Team. Having a travel package designed for our small family group was simply perfect. The accommodations in the Amalfi Coast were stellar. The driving connections ran like clockwork and the Italy Source team took the stress away by providing superb logistical support and in-depth pre-departure info! The costs are very reasonable and are clearly communicated in advance of the trip --- and Barbara Sobol is always willing to take calls if clarification is needed. I thoroughly recommend this company for a tailored vacation package.

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Italy Source" Reviews

How do I email you? Interested in Rome, Florence, Venice.

Ellicott City...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: "Italy Source" Reviews

We planned a 15 day trip for 4 with Barbara and her team at Italy Source last July that started in Venice and ended in Rome with stops in Florence, Tuscany and Sorrento. They arranged hotels, transfers, tours and provided us with a meticulous detailed itinerary.

We wanted to travel independently and by high-speed train between cities, not with a tour bus group. Many of our tour guides knew Barbara and her late husband personally. We had a personal driver pick us up in Florence and spend the entire day driving through Tuscany including stops in villages, a vineyard and then to our hotel in Radda. We also had our own personal tour guide for the Amalfi Coast. He picked us up in Sorrento and spent the entire day with us.

I also stumbled across their website while searching for information on train travel in Italy. I was a little skeptical since I wasn't finding a lot of company information online, but after several conversations with Barbara I felt confident that they knew what they were doing and that they did it well.

For two of the four of us, this was our first trip to Europe. I can't stress the value of having someone to guide you through a trip like this. They know the hotels, they know the tours and many of the tour guides. You tell them where you want to go and what you want to do and they will come up with a trip for you.

2 things of advice: If you are expecting a line by line break down of what every little detail costs then you may want to look elsewhere. They spend a great deal of time and effort planning every last details of a trip so they may not be the best option for someone who changes their mind a lot.

I'm happy to help anyone with questions about our experience.