We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome Hotels

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rome Hotels

After several trip revisions for our trip to Rome for 5 days in June we have increased our Rome budget and need some new recommendations. We are wanting a great location with a wonderful balcony/terrace view. Near many sites, good nightlife and restaurants.Something Romantic with massage services. We have done so much research and have a few in mind but would like some first hand experience advice. Thanks in advance. Our max budget is about 300 Euro.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome Hotels

If you've found a few hotels in Rome for 300 Euro that have all the things you are looking for, please tell us about them...

Your requirements are unrealistic for a number of reasons. Hotels in Rome do not have massage services. Very few hotels have rooms with balconies/terraces and wonderful views. The Sofitel (not in a great nightlife location) has some (at 800 Euro a night); the Hassler has some (at 700 Euro a night and up). Hotel 47 (not in a great nightlife location) has some (at an undisclosed rate that will not be 300 Euro or less).

You are more likely to find something in your price range with a *shared* terrace on the *roof*.

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome Hotels

They definitely do not have ALL of the things we are looking for ;). I was just trying to get some advice for hotels that offer at least SOME of the stuff we are looking for. I was just listing all of our wants because in previous post if you don't put every detail people tend to get rude on these forums.

I understand I will have to sacrifice certain things, just trying to get experienced advice.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,975 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome Hotels

You don't say when you are going; hotel prices fluctuate by season and, in some cases, by month based on certain holidays throughout the year, etc.

For your budget, as mentioned, doubtful you will get massage services. There have been threads about massage places in Rome (not hotels) so you could search for that on here and see if you find something that suits you.

Maybe you could say which ones you have in mind and if people know them, they can offer comments.

I stay at Hotel Campo de'Fiori which I think has one or two rooms with a private balcony and also has a large roof deck where you can enjoy 360 degrees of Rome and can bring food/wine up - but, again, not knowing when you are going, hard to know if it will be within your budget - it may. I never get a room with private balcony because the view is so terrific from the roof and I'd rather save the extra money on other things. You can check:

http://hotelcampodefiori.com/

I know that the Hotel Ponte Sisto, has some rooms with balconies, is well located near the Tiber between Campo de'Fiori and Trastevere but I don't know their prices - you could check. I've never stayed there so can't comment but you could read reviews here and elsewhere if it looks of interest to you.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
55 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome Hotels

Hey there! I was kind of looking for the same thing and ended up booking the Rome Cavalieri hotel for about 290 USD per night. They have a wonderful spa, great outdoor pool, nice bar and restaurants, and very romantic. HOWEVER, this hotel requires you to take the shuttle into all the sights (which is free). We opted for the actual hotel over the accessibility, thinking that a quick (15-20 minute) shuttle was worth it to be able to come back to a hotel that provides us with rest, relaxation, and romance. Just my two cents! Happy searching!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome Hotels

Then you'll have to prioritize your requirements...

I've remembered hotels that offer some kind of massage: the Trilussa Palace and the H10 Roma Citta. No balconies/terraces, no wonderful view, outside the city center..

Hotel Ponte Sisto's balcony rooms have no view: they face an inner courtyard.

I suggest you use www.booking.com to look for suitable accommodation. It lets you search by budget, area (Pantheon and Piazza Navona are best for bars and restaurants; Testaccio - not in the center - has the highest concentration of clubs) and amenities, but balconies are not a listed amenity. Some price lists will mention whether certain room categories have balconies, some will not. Guest ratings are more reliable than star ratings.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,975 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome Hotels

There are a few rooms with a view from the balcony at Ponte Sisto - not sure how many such rooms they have though - look at photos:

http://www.hotelpontesisto.it/rooms.htm

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome Hotels

We are going the first week of June....Thanks for all of the recommendations. The ones we have found that we like so far are http://hotelcampodefiori.com/, Rome Cavalieri hotel, inn Residenza Frattina and Bed and Breakfast Suite Sistina.

We don't mind staying out of city center as long as public trans is easy from where we are staying. But it would be nice to be able to walk out of hotel and have a god selection of restaurants etc.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rome Hotels

I always stay at the Cavalieri. You won't need to take public transport to get into the city as they provide a shuttle. If you want to be able to walk out of the hotel and find restaurants you probably don't want to stay there.

Donna

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
332 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rome Hotels

We've enjoyed the Cavalieri and the fantastic views from the balcony, and didn't find the shuttle service to be too bad, since it drops you off in Piazza Barbarini, which puts you close to the Spanish Steps, Via Veneto, and a short distance from Trevi and the Pantheon. The shuttle does not run very late, so you'd be a 10 euro cab ride back to the hotel. There is a terrific restaurant a couple of blocks down the hill from the Cavalieri--called Da Luciano. Wonderful homemade pastas, great veal, reasonable wine prices and largely frequented by locals and guests from the hotel. Check the reviews in TA for more detail.

We have also enjoyed our stays at the Visconti Palace, located on the west bank of the Tiber, near Castel Sant' Angelo, and just across the Ponte Cavour. Nice neighborhood location really close walk to Piazza Popolo, Ara Pacis, Pantheon, Piazza Navonna, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Campo di Fiori, etc. Much more convenient than Cavalieri and less expensive. Nice neighborhood restaurant nearby called Trattoria Palazzaccio.

10. Re: Rome Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 03:41