We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with my itinerary :-)

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with my itinerary :-)

Hi guys! I have used TA with great success and hopefully you guys can give me insight on my itinerary, logistically and such. I need somewhere to fit the Galleria Bhorghese (sp?). I don't want my days to be jammed packed b/c I really want to enjoy Rome. I have decided against day trips, besides Ostia Antica, b/c I want to really enjoy Rome. I'm sure I will get to the other cities at a later date. TIA for all your help :-)

I will be in Rome from April 11 - 23, with the 11th and 23rd being travel days.

Th, April 12: Vatican city tour (free tour outside), visit Vatican, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's; 6 pm mass (hopefully!!!)

Fri, 13th: Ostica Antica day trip (site and muse)

Sat, 14th: cooking class in Trastevere and explore Trastevere area after class

Sun, 15th: city center free tour, Roman civilization muse

Mon, 16th: Roman Forum (Rick Steves), free tour colosseum, muse capitolini

Tues, 17th: Baths and Temples tour (Trip Advisor self guided tour), Baths of Caracalla, Baths of Diocletian, Jewish ghetto tour (Rick Steves)

Wed, 18th: Napoleonic Muse, Panthenon (Rick Steves tour)

Th, 19th: Sights and Full activites tour (Trip Advisor self guided tour), Time Elevator, Capuchia (sp?) Crypt, Bocca Dell Verita

Fri, 20th: Tour of 3 major churches (Trip Advisor self guided tour), San Giovanni Laterno (Michealangelos Moses)

Sat, 21th and Sun, 22nd: Rome's Foundation Anniversary festivities

Mon, 23: beach by Civiticchea (sp?) port, taking ferry back to Barcelona to fly home :-(

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with my itinerary :-)

Since, I can't edit the OP, I have deleted Time Elevator from my itinerary :-) Toooo many bad review, lol.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with my itinerary :-)

Wow, your itinerary has you jumping all over the city.

Just a few things that caught my eye:

The roman civilization museum is about 3.,5 miles outside the city center.

I don't know any companies that give free tours of the colosseum. Are you sure about this? You might want to check this out and make sure they actually go inside as it's a pay site.

The baths of Caracalla and the Baths of Diocletian are on opposite sides of the city. You should pair them with other things in the area.

The Capucchin crypt and the Bocca della verita are also on opposite sides of the city and would be better paired with the two Baths mentioned above.

Donna

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with my itinerary :-)

www.romefreewalkingtour.com/free-tours/

romefreetour.com/free%20tour%20originale.html

The above companies each have free Colosseum (sp?) tours. Have you heard of these?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with my itinerary :-)

You don't go inside on either of those tours. If you wish to go inside you'll need to buy tickets and do it at the end of those tours.

Donna

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with my itinerary :-)

Both of those sites offer other tours that are not free yet neither site lists the price of those other tours. If you are interested in doing a tour of the inside of the colosseum I suggest you book through the official site.

www.ticketclic.it/Gb/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm

Donna

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with my itinerary :-)

Oh, I thought I would have free entrance to all state museums and sites during Italy's Cultural Week, April 14-22? Is that not correct?

I'm okay with only being outside, plan on either buying the audio tour, using RS audio tour, or booking a tour. Whatever my mood feels like at the time.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with my itinerary :-)

Thank you for all your info :-)

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with my itinerary :-)

If you're going during culture week then the entrance fees are free but that doesn't mean the tour will go inside. As both of those companies charge for tours inside the colosseum I would assume that even during culture week you'll need to pay for that portion of the tour if you wish to take it.

Donna

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with my itinerary :-)

Makes sense! Thanks for your input :-) Working on changing a few things now.

10. Re: Help with my itinerary :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2012, 21:51