We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Authenthic Pizza, Pasta near Termini

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Authenthic Pizza, Pasta near Termini

Going to Rome for the weekend 16-19 March, staying in IQ Hotel close to Termini. Absolutely love Pizza, very excited about having some in Rome. Can anyone suggest any nice authenthic pizza, pasta restaurants near by.

Many thanks...

hartlepool
Level Contributor
219 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Authenthic Pizza, Pasta near Termini

Hi we stayed at Lirico beside Termini and had a meal at Da Guiseppe. Typical trattoria food good and cheap, house wine nice. Not the most salubrious of areas but fine if you cant be bothered to walk 10-15 mins towards Trevi where I can recommend L'Archetto and Pizzeria Gioia Mia..

Have fun we have just got back home and loved every minute!

sydney
Level Contributor
595 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Authenthic Pizza, Pasta near Termini

I used to go to a place called at La Vecchia Conca on via Carlo Alberto 26, near The Termini and Santa Maria Maggiore. Great pizza. I don't recall having a heart attack over the bill so I think the price was right.

Another choice is La Gallina Bianca on Via Antonio Rosmini 9. It was recommended to me by my brother in law. I didn't get around to it but he has good taste so that may be an option for you.

Have fun!

Francoise

Excusemewhereis.blogspot.com

Dordrecht, The...
Level Contributor
477 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Authenthic Pizza, Pasta near Termini

Whatever you do, avoid the place on the intersection of Via Palestro and Via Vincenza. I had rubbish service and mediocre food there.

Florida
Level Contributor
924 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Authenthic Pizza, Pasta near Termini

There is a place on Via Nationale down about 3 blocks from the IQ on the right side of the road called Doverale which has amazing pizza! Enjoy...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Authenthic Pizza, Pasta near Termini

Gioia mia used to be a place i frequented as a child in the early 80's and it was good. I went back about 10-12 years ago and even though it looked the same, it was a different place..... the menu was in 10 different languages and the food was disgusting, one of the worst meals I have ever eaten anywhere!!!! McDonalds probably tastes better.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Authenthic Pizza, Pasta near Termini

At 195 via Cavour just a few blocks from your hotel is l'Archetto di Cavour restaurant. The food, especially the pizza and pasta is fresh, authentic and absolutely DELICIOUS! We ate dinner there twice in one week because we liked it so much.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Authenthic Pizza, Pasta near Termini

Many thanks for your replies and suggestions, look forward to trying l'Archetto di Cavour restaurant..

hartlepool
Level Contributor
219 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Authenthic Pizza, Pasta near Termini

Re Gioia Mia, sorry poster i would strongly disagree with you on this one, the food was lovely and the fact the restaurant was full to the brim with local people waiting was evidence enough the food is good...

The menu also was not in 10 different languages!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Authenthic Pizza, Pasta near Termini

Just back from Rome, so went to l'Archetto di Cavour restaurant, did not get to eat here, while there and waiting to be seated the staff were shockingly rude, so bad, for the first time we got up and left a full restaurant! The fortunate thing was leaving there helped us stumble across Alle Carrette tucked away 5 mins down the road, and thankfully we did. This is the real deal for pizza! Absolutely packed, mostly locals, had to wait about 15 mins but was well worth it. I like my pizza and this was the best ever.. so good we back again for a second night. Don't believe this place can beaten for pizza, no chance!!

10. Re: Authenthic Pizza, Pasta near Termini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:41