We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fabulous studio/1 BR apt. recommendations?

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Fabulous studio/1 BR apt. recommendations?

I am a veteran apartment renter, at least in Paris and Venice. I want to rent in Rome for a month next year in the Spring. I will be alone, so I don't need a lot of space, but I would like an apartment that is well-appointed/decorated, gets good natural light with a pleasant view. I would like to be in one of the central neighborhoods, but have a particular fondness for Navona, Pantheon and Campo dei Fiori. I have a budget of about 3,000 euros.

Can anyone suggest a specific apartment or a good agency? I am already familiar with Homeaway, VRBO, and Sleep-in-Italy. Thanks in advance.

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fabulous studio/1 BR apt. recommendations?

We rented this studio apartment for 3 weeks Dec/10 through Jan/11. The owner Barbara, gave us a good deal because of the length of my booking and the fact that I booked 10 months in advance. The apartment has everything you ask for except the view. The windows look out on the walls of the Palazzo Farnese, now the French embassy. However, the moment you walk out of your door there are amazing sites, including a vine covered arch designed by Michelangelo.

Here is a link to a review and another to the website. The pictures are accurate. The apartment is also available through Sleep in Italy, but I did not have any problem dealing with the owner directly.

www.slowtrav.com/italy/vr/review.asp?n=3527

romereservation.com/…photo

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fabulous studio/1 BR apt. recommendations?

Thanks, chromatophore, I'll take a look!

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fabulous studio/1 BR apt. recommendations?

If you are interested, I have the owner's direct email address at home and can send it to you via private message later.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fabulous studio/1 BR apt. recommendations?

Natalia of Dolce Roma has a few very lovely apartments --- she and her husband are landlords who rent, not an agency that manages (although I think maybe there is ONE apartment that she manages and does not own...)

http://www.dolceroma.it/apartment-host.htm

I stayed in the Campo dei Fiori apartment this past October, and a friend had a longer term rental of the Colosseum View apartment in Monti, which she loved.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fabulous studio/1 BR apt. recommendations?

Thanks, Italophile, the small one may be a possibility although I'd prefer to be a little more central.

Any other suggestions?

Florida
Level Contributor
907 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fabulous studio/1 BR apt. recommendations?

Check out Friendly Rentals, they have many very nice apartments that may meet your needs. We stayed at the Sally Apartment last Sept. and absolutely loved it. It was a smaller apartment though with no view but it was a wonderful location and had a washing machine which came in very handy since we were going from Rome to Tuscany.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fabulous studio/1 BR apt. recommendations?

Idahm, thanks for the info. There are some nice apts. on that site. "Sally" looks interesting but I tend to avoid apts. on the ground floor for security reasons. Were there any concerns along those lines?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fabulous studio/1 BR apt. recommendations?

Yes, the Monti location is not as central as are Navona and Campo dei Fiori. I was going to try it for my upcoming vacation, as I thought it might be time for a change of neighborhood, but it was already booked. (So I have booked Monserrato Violet from S in I, but I am to be in Rome for only six nights.)

Florida
Level Contributor
907 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fabulous studio/1 BR apt. recommendations?

There were no security concerns. The apartment is on the bottom floor however has a key to enter the building , then another key to enter the apartment. I never felt unsecured when entering the building. I would stay there by myself without hesitation. The location is right off of Piazza Navona and offers many restruants and easy to walk anywhere in Rome! I didn't have any problems with the agency, in fact I checked in at 10:00 am and was given my deposit back when he came to inspect the apt. as we were leaving.

The street is Il Governo Vecchio and is a fairly busy street with people walking but not busy to traffic. The apartment was quiet at night.

I am very picky about where I stay and I loved this place! Better than any hotel hands down .

Edited: 26 March 2012, 01:37
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,284 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fabulous studio/1 BR apt. recommendations?

We used www.sleepinitaly.com and stayed in the gorgeous one bedroom place called Orbitelli. It was exactly as described, the owner was the only other person using the stairs, his place being opposite. In a tiny, quiet street Vicollo Orbitelli an easy walk to the Vatican, Campo dei Fiori and the markets there, half way is an excellent supermarket. The 116 electric bus runs past the end of the street (all the way to the Borghese) and the main buses a block further away. It was absolutely stunning. a/c, unlimited free wifi, washer, neat open kitchen already stocked with some essentials. €120/night but you may well get a discount for a longer lease.

sleepinitaly.com/en/…