We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with place and right location

Roslyn, New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
help with place and right location

Can someone recommend a great place with great location that is already near some sites? ex. walk to coloseum or spanish steps or vatican city. Need it to be clean and close to transportation. I dont want to be across the street from the train station where all the bums hang out. I dont want to have to take public transportation to all these places. Also, I have 2-1/2 days in Rome. What are the must sees besides above mentioned to see? Here is the catch...I cant spend more then $225 a night? A million thanks.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with place and right location

Joann, you'll be able to walk to most sites no matter where you stay in the city. All hotels are clean and some are close to public transportation. The train station is NOT where all the bums hang out. I don't know who told you that but they are wrong. The termini area is a great place to stay because it is less expensive, closer to public transport hubs and close to most sites or the transport links that will get you there.

No matter where you stay in Rome you'll be close to some sites and farther away from others. With only 168 euros per night you might want to check the colosseum area, the termini area or the Vatican area. You can use venere.com for hotels in all parts of Rome. The city is safe and with a map you'll be able to walk anywhere you wish.

Donna

Roslyn, New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help with place and right location

What are these areas called exactly? Do you have a recommendation upon experience? Thank you Donna

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with place and right location

Areas within good walking distance to just about everything:

Navona, Pantheon, Trevi, Spanish Steps, Coloseum/Forum. And across the river, Trevestere.

Check Venere.com where you can plug in your budget requirements. You will find plenty of choices.

Safe travels!

4. Re: help with place and right location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2013, 09:18