We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't decide btwn the Eden and the Russie Hotel. Any advice?

san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can't decide btwn the Eden and the Russie Hotel. Any advice?

We can't decide between the Eden Hotel or the Russie. Will be staying for four nights. Any advice? Thank you

boston
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't decide btwn the Eden and the Russie Hotel. Any advice?

I decided to stay at the Eden for my trip this summer. I also thought about other upscale hotels, but this came highly recommended by some friends..Michael

richmond
Level Contributor
914 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't decide btwn the Eden and the Russie Hotel. Any advice?

Stay at the Sofitel Roma. Just got back. They were amazing to us. Gave us a single room until our rooms were ready without asking so my Mother in Law could rest .

Hotel beautiful, wonderful terrace on 7th floor. Great breakfast.

It is one block from Eden.

Sign up for a Accor loyalty card and get a welcome gift and 2 comp. drinks in the bar.

Cissy
Level Contributor
132 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't decide btwn the Eden and the Russie Hotel. Any advice?

I have stayed at the Russie many times and I would highly recommend this hotel and their location is perfect. It has modern decore (not typical for Rome) with a great staff. Rooms are spacious, clean well attended. They also have a lovely spa with lots of spa services. During the warmer months their coutryard is open for drinks and it quite lovely. They also have a great bar for that pre-dinner drink or night cap before one turns in. Rome has quite a few 5 star hotels and a great website to check them out is the site for Leading Hotels of the World (www.lhw.com). I have also stayed at the Hassler atop the Spainish Steps and this is also a beautiful hotel with great staff - though very different in feel from the Russie. The only thing if you opt towards the Hassler I would inquire first if the exterior work has been finished - the outside of the front of the hotel was covered in some sort of netting when I was there in mid January - it was an eyesore - otherwise a top notch hotel.

Chicago
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't decide btwn the Eden and the Russie Hotel. Any advice?

What Cissy said. The de Russie can not be beaten in my opinion. Designed by Tommy Ziffer, the interiors and service are to die for. Last time we were there, Sigourney Weaver and her Family were staying there along with Duran Duran.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for
Level Contributor
713 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't decide btwn the Eden and the Russie Hotel. Any advice?

all great, but right now, the de russie is the best hotel in rome.

san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't decide btwn the Eden and the Russie Hotel. Any advice?

Thank you for your suggestions. Looks like we will stay at the Russie.

Michaelfamily, please let me know your opinion of the Eden when you return.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
99 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't decide btwn the Eden and the Russie Hotel. Any advice?

I have been staying at the Eden for both business and pleasure regularly for about ten years now. For my money, I prefer the Eden. I think the location -- closer to Vian Veneto and the Spanish Steps -- is a little nicer than the Russie, and it is on a relatively quieter corner. The staff is wonderful (especially the concierge Maurizio) and the rooftop lounge is an especially beautiful and romantic place to have a cocktail and enjoy the beautiful Rome sunset. Worth every Euro. Happy to answer any other questions you might have.

san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't decide btwn the Eden and the Russie Hotel. Any advice?

Thank you BoRen62. Back to undecided. If you don't mind answering, what rooms do you prefer? I like that the Eden is a little quieter but still in a good location, and the rooms look charming. At the Eden should you request a front room with a balcony in the front? Have you ever visited the Russie? I would welcome your thoughts.

rockville centre, ny
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can't decide btwn the Eden and the Russie Hotel. Any advice?

lmb1,

my money is on the Eden.

when i am in rome i like to stay in something more traditional.

the russie is more like the W hotels now in new york and other cities.

both are great, but i love the old world atmosphere at the eden.

also, i believe it to be in a more quiet area.

can't go wrong with either one.

why not split: 2 nites at one and 2 at the other?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
99 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can't decide btwn the Eden and the Russie Hotel. Any advice?

Vivebene is spot on. The Eden is much more traditional, old world European yet without being worn out in any way. Yes, I have stayed at the Russie when the Eden has been sold out. It is much more of a modern experience. Nice place, don't get me wrong, but more of the "W" or "Hip" atmosphere which I think is a bit misplaced in a place like Rome. Everybody has their own taste of course. As for balconies, I think the view is most important. The upper floors of the Eden, facing the front, give you a fabulous view out over the Spanish Steps and across all of Rome. It truly can't be beat at sunset.