We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please

Dorset, England
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help please

Can anyone recommend a modern hotel, maybe 20 mins walk to sights, I am trying to find a hotel for around £100 less a night but been unsuccessful , we dont mind staying slightly out of town, we don't mind walking. Thanks

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,915 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please

Use venere.com and check the termini and Vatican areas. These are less expensive than the city center and still close to the sites. There is NO area in Rome that is close to ALL the sites so pick an area that fits your budget. Public transportation in Rome is very good so if you need to use it you won't have any problems.

Donna

Dorset, England
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please

Thanks Donna, it's difficult to know where to pick but I'll have a look at those areas , we are not coming unroll the ed of September, it's exhausting checking all these hotels......

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please

You can also search hotel dates and price ranges (and even the neighborhood) here on Trip Advisor.

I don't recommend Venere anymore because so many of the reviews are outdated. If a hotel isn't in the top 40-50 rated on Venere you'll likely find the most recent review to be over a year old (or longer) and that isn't helpful because in just a few months time hotels can change ownership, policies, do renovations, bring in new staff, etc. It can make a world of difference so I always suggest people to check various websites (like venere or trip advisor or booking.com) and compares the different reviews from travelers.

A tip - book through the hotel directly and you may find better rates or deals not available on third party sites.

Have fun on your trip!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
171 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please

If you don't mind an apartment or flat, I found many nice and modern options in your price range on VRBO. You can also search by area and price range on that site. Safe travels!

5. Re: Help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:15