We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galleria Borghese

Eugene, Ore
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Galleria Borghese

Hello. I have been checking the website of the Galleria Borghese each day the past month, to try to get 2 tickets. Just today the list of available date was expanded. But, none are offered between 13 April and 24 April. We were hoping to go to the museum on 22 April. Will the musem be closed in that period? Should I try calling the museum directly? That option makes me nervous, but I could try.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,285 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galleria Borghese

Your best bet is to call the museum directly. Ciao from Portland!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Galleria Borghese

April 14-22 is Culture Week. Admission to all state-owned museums and archeological sites is free (with the notable exception of the Colosseum/Forum/Palatine combo, but that's a whole other story).

Call; you still need the reservation for the Galleria Borghese. They have English-speaking operators.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,463 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galleria Borghese

at both the Borghese and the Uffizi it is much easier to get spots by calling -- only a small subset of the times are available on line -- they have English speaking operators and it is quite easy to do

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,445 posts
5,657 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galleria Borghese

I believe Borghese is only closed on 25 December and 1 January if this is of any help. Do try to get whatever tickets you need reserved. This is one of the finest private collections in the world. Have made at least five visits here and can't see myself returning to Rome and having another trip there.

Have a great time in Rome.

Eugene, Ore
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galleria Borghese

Thanks so much for the info about Culture Week! I didn't know about it. I decided to contact the hotel where we are staying, the Residenza Farnese, to inquire about assistance getting the tickets. They e-mailed me within 12 hours, confirming reservation for 2 tickets at 1100. That was great news!

Patna,India
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Galleria Borghese

Hi

We are visiting Rome between 12th and 19th March 2013.

We want to Visit Galleria Borghese on 12th for the 5PM slot.

I have made 5-6 calls on the allotted number but the response is only in Italian.

When trying to book through the website, the option for Roma pass is not there.

Since our entry will use Roma pass, I don't want to purchase tickets ( purchase is possible from site).

I am at my wits end as to how to solve the problem

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,411 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Galleria Borghese

You have to keep trying to call during Italian business hours.

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
910 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Galleria Borghese

I got my hotel to reserve our slots for this Sunday.

Patna,India
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Galleria Borghese

I mailed to hotel and also the website mentioned under the Galleria Borghese name but there is no reponse.

I do call during 09.00 - 17.00 hrs Italian time but there is just no english option. I can vaguely make out the response and have tried blindly tapping 1 2 or 3 but nothing works.

Only during off hours there is an english instruction too.

Could some one have some solution?

Rajan

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Galleria Borghese

Zerlina: I read that Culture Week was not being held this year. Do you have other information on that? I have reservations for the Borghese Gallery on April 14. It would be an added bonus if it was free. I only have that day and the 15th available. Most museums are closed on Mondays.