We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time should I arrive at FCO for a 6:20 am departure

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
What time should I arrive at FCO for a 6:20 am departure

I am in the process of booking flights to/from Italy for July. For my return flight I am looking at a 6:20 am Monday departure out of Rome back to the USA via Amsterdam. What time would be the recommended time to arrive at FCO to make my flight?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What time should I arrive at FCO for a 6:20 am departure

Since your first flight is within Europe, two hours should be sufficient for check-in and security.

san mateo, ca
Level Contributor
944 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What time should I arrive at FCO for a 6:20 am departure

The last time I arrived 2 hours early for a 6:30 flight, the airline desk was not open; so we had to sit around (nothing was open not even for coffee) . You may want to check with the airline to see what time the desk opens and plan accordingly...

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What time should I arrive at FCO for a 6:20 am departure

Thank you for your help.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What time should I arrive at FCO for a 6:20 am departure

The only point that I would make is that those lines fill up quickly and the earlier you get there, the more likely your chances of being first or so in line when the airline desk opens.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
136 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What time should I arrive at FCO for a 6:20 am departure

If my flight goes to Beijing, China, is 2 hours earlier than flight time sufficient for check-in and security?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What time should I arrive at FCO for a 6:20 am departure

Two hours would usually be enough for a flight to China, but two and a half hours would be even safer.

Idaho
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What time should I arrive at FCO for a 6:20 am departure

four days ago, our flight on Lufthansa back to the US left at 6:30 AM from FCO. We got there a little after 4 am, to be on the safe side and we were able to check in. However, we were the only ones there checking in, and the whole airport was virtually empty. No shops were open, so no coffee to be found etc, just a long boring wait. Seems like nothing really opened until 5:30.

8. Re: What time should I arrive at FCO for a 6:20 am departure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:16