We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on hotel near Pantheon please?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on hotel near Pantheon please?

My husband and I will be staying in Rome for the first time November 2012 for 4 nights. Would like to stay near the Pantheon because its a good, central location for sightseeing. Too many hotels to choose from!

We want to spend around US $200 per night (keep in mind the time of year we are going so anticipate getting a great deal for that price); require: clean, comfortable and quiet - I'm a light sleeper. Would like something with old world charm that is not old and run down.

Considering Hotel Nazionale as recommended by Rick Steves book, however, it doesn't seem to get as good reviews as some others in that area, and they have not returned any of my emails - so I'm inclined not to waste any more time trying to book with them!

Thanks for any recommendations!

Raynham
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on hotel near Pantheon please?

I booke the Residenza Tore Colonna and will be staying in Sept for 3 nights- Debbie

sydney
Level Contributor
595 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on hotel near Pantheon please?

The Hotel Pantheon is very good and of course there is the Hotel Senato Albergo and the divine Grand Hotel Minerva just down the road in Piazza della Minerva. They may appear to be outside your budget but I would go for it and contact them directly to see if you can get a good deal. Remember times are tough and everything is negotiable at the moment.

Good Luck and have a great time!

Francoise

Excusemewhereis.blogspot.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on hotel near Pantheon please?

Pace excusemewhereis, the Albergo del Senato is way over $200 per night, although of course it never hurts to make an inquiry. Same for the Minerve, I believe.

NEARLY as nice, in many ways, is the Albergo Cesari, just a couple of blocks away. Thing about this hotel is that the glassed-in rooftop bar, breakfast room has gorgeous views over the city. The Del Senato has the lovely (small) rooftop bar, but it's only open when the weather is close to perfect (no wind or rain) so you need to have a room on a high floor overlooking the piazza to get any kind of view.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on hotel near Pantheon please?

The Relais al Senato is a very pleasant B&B a few steps from Piazza Navona, which is not far from the Pantheon. Their low season price for a double room is €140. See http://www.alsenato.it/

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
98 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on hotel near Pantheon please?

We always stay at Hotel Colonna Palace in Piazza di Montecitorio. Official prices are high, but if you book through hotels.com or Octopus Travel, you should find more reasonable rates. We like this hotel because of location, nice staff and their lovely roof terrace.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on hotel near Pantheon please?

With the proviso that we've not been there ourselves, a lady who'd done some extensive homework was asking me about this place recently....

http://www.albergosantachiara.com/english/

Wonderful location, almost within sight of the little elephant...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/141062667

Generally positive reviews:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187791-d2361…

... and what looks to be a good deal that month, if you can arrange things so your stay spans a weekend?

Peter

7. Re: Advice on hotel near Pantheon please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:40