We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confusion regarding Colosseum Booking

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
493 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Confusion regarding Colosseum Booking

Hi All,

I am going to be in Rome from 15th to the 19th of June. I am planning to buy the Roma Pass and use it for the Borghese Gallery on the 15th and the Colosseum+Palantine+Forum on the 16th. I want to do the underground tour of the Colosseum too. I have certain questions regarding the booking of the tickets.

When i go to the website and select the Underground tour it list a price of Eur 21.50 pp. Does this include the entrance to the above attractions too?

What if i just want to book the tour as i will be using the roma pass for entry??

Assuming i decide to go to two other attraction before i visit Colosseum etc will i have to stand in the queue for tickets like other people??

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
493 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confusion regarding Colosseum Booking

just read a post that mentioned that if one is going to use the Roma Pass or already has the entrance tickets then needs to book the underground tour by phone.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,829 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confusion regarding Colosseum Booking

Yes, just call and let them know you'll use the romapass for entry. They will just charge you for the tour.

Donna

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
493 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confusion regarding Colosseum Booking

Which is a better time to visit the Colosseum/Forum/Palatine Hill - morning or late afternoon.

I am reaching Rome at about 1pm so was wondering if it would be a good idea to head to Colosseum for the underground tour followed by Forum and Palatine Hill and stay until the closing time.

Thanks.

4. Re: Confusion regarding Colosseum Booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:41