We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Adults, 3 Nights in Rome- How much will it cost?!

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
2 Adults, 3 Nights in Rome- How much will it cost?!

My partner and I are mid 20s and are visiting Rome for the first time in May for 3 night/4days. Flights and accomodation are booked and a whole lot of research has been done however we are unsure how much money to take.

Were not planning on scrimping, nor are we millionaires- Breakfast will be provided by the hotel so really its lunch, a nice dinner and the "tourist" costs we need to account for. We are also planning on getting the Roma Card.

We are flying to Ciampino airport and are unsure whether to catch the bus into Rome or if it will be worth while paying for a taxi?

Any tips and advice will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,871 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Adults, 3 Nights in Rome- How much will it cost?!

How much you spend is really up to you. You can get lunch consisting of pizza and a drink for 5 euros or you could go for a nicer meal and spend more money. The same with dinner. You can get a panini and drink for 10 euros or a nice meal for 20 and up. For the two of you I would plan at least 50-100 euros a day for food. For sites, the most expensive are 12 euros so decide how much you'll see each day and use that as your compass. Anything extra either take home or use for gifts.

Donna

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Adults, 3 Nights in Rome- How much will it cost?!

Bus from Ciampino is not a problem and costs 4 euro one way, I always use it om my rome visits. Taxi costs 30 euro

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Adults, 3 Nights in Rome- How much will it cost?!

Tere is a train station in Ciampino linking regularly to Rome Termini.

Single fare is 1.30 euro

4. Re: 2 Adults, 3 Nights in Rome- How much will it cost?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:15