We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

Alabama
Level Contributor
81 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

Hi! Help, please. I would like to go to this site on our first day in Rome but from the website the tour is only at 9:30? I'm thinking that can't be right. Or could it be completely booked except for the early morning time for end of May?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,800 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

You can find some helpful info here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k53615…

Donna

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

i have just been on the site today, it said 9.30 but when i went on further to book ( the English one ) it then said 13.30.

But my problem is,,, once i put in all the details and payment, the next screen said Error ... now i don't know whether i have book or not :(

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

Lots of people get confused by this timing issue.

I to got confused when I booked a few days back, so I e.mailed them asking them to confirm the time of my tour.

The 9.30 time shows up for everyone but refers to the time the event opens.

The time of the tour will show up as Section: 13:30 Row: 1 Seat: 12.

It would help if they explained that section means time, and better if they put 13.30pm instead of just 13.30.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

julesyog

Can you go back to the site and see if the slot/s you chose are still open, if you can remember the numbers it might help you.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

hi, at the moment they show as still being chosen .... so i will keep checking. It has caused me stress today, so now i am not so sure i still want to go.. will keep checking site and my bank til Monday, thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,026 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

Check to see if the charge shows up on your credit card account online or call to check.

If you you did get charged and don't receive booking confirmation, ask your bank to reverse the charge on your account.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

Can you just call? That's how I booked it, had no problem speaking English. It's well worth it, was one of my favorite things on my trip to Rome last year. REally unique type of 'tour' so I hope you get to do it.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
102 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

I would definitely recommend you to go there, we were there last week and it was an amazing experience! When I booked, as mentioned above, it said only 09.30, but in the next page I could choose between Italian tour at 09.30 or English tour at 13.30. I also experienced some problems and 'error' messages when I tried to book using my iPad, but with PC everything went well. Could you be missing some program? Good luck, hope you will succeed in booking!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

Thanks for your replies ... i received a confirmation email an hour ago.... so i am going !!!

So, how good is it ? and how long is it ?

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

Its about 1.5 hrs and is an awesome experience and a nice a/v presentation. However, it did take me about 10 minutes or so to get comfortable with the glass floor.