We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aromatherapyy/beauty products in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Aromatherapyy/beauty products in Rome

I just arrived in Rome and plan to stay here for about three months.

Can anyone recommend some Italian brands of aromatherapy products (essential oils, floral waters, etc.) and natural skin/hair products, as well as the places to buy them?

Back home in California I use AVEDA, Avalon Organics, and some good body soaps from NAPA Valley. Here in Rome I have no craving for the very fancy, high-end stuff but just want to find things of similar prices. And I'm particularly interested in affordable helichrysum (immortelle) products.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aromatherapyy/beauty products in Rome

The Aveda Web site lists 16 locations of Concept, Exclusive and Lifestyle Aveda salons in Rome. I don't know the difference myself; would any of them sell what you're looking for?

http://www.aveda.com/locator/index.tmpl

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aromatherapyy/beauty products in Rome

Thanks for this information. I listed AVEDA only to tell readers of my post the approximate price range I'm looking for. But I'm more interested in trying some Italian or European brands in Rome. I'd possibly go for AVEDA if there's no other search result.

sydney
Level Contributor
595 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aromatherapyy/beauty products in Rome

You have a good choice of products which you can find in pharmacies and the major department stores

Bellezza Beauty Oil is an extra virgin olive oil based product that smells and feels divine.

Bottega di Lungavita, Olivella, L'Erbario Toscano, Bottega Verde (the most popular natural cosmetics company),Zona, Lepo ....lots to choose from. I presume you are aware of l'Occitane and Lush as well.

You can also ask any pharmacist for a good natural skin care product range. The depth of knowledge in Italian pharmacies is fanatastic. They don't just throw stuff at you and take your money. I am sure they will have some other newer lines to introduce to you.

Good luck

Francoise

Excusemewhereis.blogspot.com

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,168 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aromatherapyy/beauty products in Rome

L'Erbolario . These products are primo with natural oil and fragrances.

Narcissus, Fresia, Rose, Lilly of the valley. There is a store near the Pantheon. I found a store in Venice in Campo San Zaccaria and loaded up recently.

http://www.erbolario.com/

one near the Pantheon

ANTICA ERBORISTERIA ROMANA

Via Torre Argentina 15

00186 ROMA (RM)

Tel: 066.879.493

some locations form theri web site

ERBORISTERIA DELLA QUERCIA

Via Merulana 108

00185 ROMA (RM)

Tel: 0670.453.506

ALCHEMILLA

Via Mocenico 17

00192 ROMA (RM)

Tel: 0639.727.238

info@ilfiloderba.com

ERBORISTERIA BIOSFERAWEB

Via Degli Scipioni 136/138/140

00192 ROMA (RM)

Tel: 063.242.618

ERBORISTERIA BARBERINI

Via Della Purificazione 12

00187 ROMA (RM)

Tel: 064.825.034

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,240 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aromatherapyy/beauty products in Rome

I would ask at an "Erboristeria" or herbalist, see …paginegialle.it/lazio/roma/erboristerie.html or this online one also has premises at Viale della Serenissima, 19 (near Prenestina station): lapiantaggine.com/catalogo-72-420-Creme-per-…

See also first item on associazione-sardegna.co.uk/klimm_srl_34.html - this seems to be the product in question: farmaciafatigato.com/cosmetica/…420.html (but that stockist is near Milan!).

Not sure if this is affordable: http://www.skin-one.com/yohucopegrbo.html

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aromatherapyy/beauty products in Rome

Yes I already have L'Erbolario on my list but still want to explore more Italian brands when I'm here. And my impression is that they don't have essential oils.

I'm no fan of L'Occitane and Lush, but I'll look for everything else Francoise recommended.

And does anyone know if Florence's beauty brand Santa Maria Novella can be found anywhere in Rome?

Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aromatherapyy/beauty products in Rome

Santa Maria Novella can be found on Via Corso del Rinascimento near Piazza Navonna

8. Re: Aromatherapyy/beauty products in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 11:42