We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help to make up my mind on apt rental

houston, texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
need help to make up my mind on apt rental

This is my first trip to Europe, Will stay one week each in Rome and Paris. Found a small 500 Sq ft 1 bedroom apt in Campo de' Fiori/Piazza Navona area. a little over $2,000 for a week stay. 1 full size bed and a pull out sofa bed in living room. I know June is a busy mo and slim picking on apt. I heard this is a very convenient central area. My son and his girlfriend told us that it is ok that they can sleep on the sofa bed. Questions - I heard location, location, location !!!!, is this a good location? read very good reviews on this apt. I feel bad to have the kids sleep on the sofabed, but it seems that I can not find any place that has two full size beds within reasonable price. is this about the best I can get ?

I am grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,440 Reviews
from US$82.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
538 Reviews
from US$412.60*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,819 Reviews
from US$60.80*
US$67.50
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,919 Reviews
from US$123.80*
CA
Level Contributor
549 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help to make up my mind on apt rental

What are your exact dates for Rome?

Charles City, Iowa
Level Contributor
264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help to make up my mind on apt rental

Yes, your location is perfect...comfortable walking distance to most major sights, and Campo dei Fiori is a great place to begin and end your day. However, your cost seems very high. We stayed in a similar size apt. last Sept. for about 600 euros for a week, though I realize you are going at the the busiest time. Have you contacted the owner/manager for a better price? If not, give it a try...we got a much better price than what was quoted on VRBO, so it can't hurt to try. Definetely stay with your location...it's the best and worth whatever you have to pay.

houston, texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: need help to make up my mind on apt rental

from 6/16 to 6/23. Thank you.

houston, texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: need help to make up my mind on apt rental

would you mind share the website? if it is ok. Since this is my first time, I used the trip advisor/ flipkey website.

Thank you for your assurance on the location.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: need help to make up my mind on apt rental

US $2000 for a week seems very high. The most expensive one-bedroom in the Campo area offered by the agency Sleep in Italy is 980 Euro or about US $1280. Try one or two agencies - www.sleepinitaly.com, www.realrome.com, www.romanreference.com, www.rome-accommodation.net - as well as sites that list rentals by owners: www.vrbo.com, Holiday Lettings, Homelidays. June is coming up soon, and owners and even agencies might be prepared to negotiate.

Edited: 05 May 2012, 08:22
6. Re: need help to make up my mind on apt rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:17