We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking the bus from Termini to our hotel

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
Save Topic
Taking the bus from Termini to our hotel

Salve!

We will be taking Bus 714 from Termini Station to our hotel on via Mecenate - 3 stops before we reach our hotel.

We are arriving on a Sunday( this month!!) in the morning, from Naples.

We will have two rolling carry-ons plus our shoulder bags.

Is luggage allowed on this bus and is there a limit to size and weight of luggage? Is there a place for luggage on board?

I am assuming it is a local bus also used by Romans for their daily travels, so will it be crowded? Does its daily route start and end at Termini?

We will be purchasing the Roma Pass at Termini before we board the bus. Do we validate it on the bus? Do we enter from the rear and get off from the front of the bus?

Grazie!

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking the bus from Termini to our hotel

I have taken the Metro and city buses with my luggage in Rome. There is no place for luggage, but there is no limit to what you can carry onboard.

it is often impossible to tell if and when a bus will be crowded. I have often been surprised.

Yes I beleive you enter at the rear where the validation machine is.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking the bus from Termini to our hotel

The route does start at Termini in front of the terminal

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking the bus from Termini to our hotel

Thank you very much, Lupaling:-)

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,414 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking the bus from Termini to our hotel

If I'm not mistaken, you enter from the front and exit from the rear, but people do both.

Buses are not usually very crowded on a Sunday morning.

5. Re: Taking the bus from Termini to our hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2012, 15:58
St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking the bus from Termini to our hotel

I say that I have been surprised by the times that I have encountered crowding because once I was taking Bus/Tram 3 on a Sunday to get to the Piramide Metro station. II was going to the Appian Way which is closed to traffic on Sunday. The bus was packed and we had to squeeze in. I also had assumed the buses woud not be crowded before noon on a Sunday.

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking the bus from Termini to our hotel

Grazie, Bvlenci, Romeishometous and Lupaling.

Thanks for that link, Romeishometous; I keep forgetting to read Ron in Rome's site ( is it yours, by the way? it's excellent). I just have so many sites bookmarked in my Rome folder and in trying to read them all, I miss out on some at times.

Our hotel is on via Mecenate 79, Monti.

So the validation machine is at the front of the bus? Can you believe that of *all* the things I've come across in planning our 4 -city trip to Italy, I am most nervous about these dang machines? :-) ;-)

Edited: 08 May 2012, 18:09
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taking the bus from Termini to our hotel

...there's also a validation machine in the rear of the buses, hence the front and rear entries!

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taking the bus from Termini to our hotel

Ah, I see! Thank you, Romeishometous!

sydney
Level Contributor
595 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taking the bus from Termini to our hotel

Do you really have to take the bus? The only time I would recommend taking a taxi in Rome is when transiting from the Termini or Airport to your hotel and if you are coming home late at night from the Testaccio. The fare will be minimal because you aren't going far and you won't have to wrestle your stuff onto the bus. Even small amounts of luggage are a hassle on public transport in Rome. Just walk to the official rank and jump in a cab. Luggage of any size and buses are not a good look.

Not long to go now....

Francoise

Excusemewhereis.blogspot.com