We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking tour of Rome

Alabama
Level Contributor
81 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Walking tour of Rome

I would like to book a walking tour to give my husband, daughter and myself and overview of Rome for our first day in Rome. Anyone with recommendations? We have seen the free tour that meets at the Spanish Steps at 5 pm but would like to do something earlier in the day because it will be our jetlag day and are afraid that we won't be coherent by 5 pm!

Thanks in advance!

Ashley

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking tour of Rome

If you're not sure how you'll respond to jet lag you may want to do an audio guide instead of a walking guided tour. This way if you are too tired to continue you can end at any point and then resume at any time you feel up to it.

I like the ones from pocketvox.com but I know Rick Steves has some as do other sites on the web.

Donna

Alabama
Level Contributor
81 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking tour of Rome

Thanks, I'll check this site out! Normally, I like to have something planned because I do better if I just stay awake the first day until at least early evening.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking tour of Rome

If you'd prefer to put your money to better use, perhaps follow one of the themed walks offered in this nice little leaflet (from a few years ago now)...

www.italiantouristoffice.se/sv/docs/77.pdf

Or maybe something here will appeal:

http://www.turismoroma.it/itinerari?lang=en

Might take rather more determination, but at least you'd be able to stop as- and whenever one of you felt it necessary?

Peter

Alabama
Level Contributor
81 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking tour of Rome

Peter, Thanks for the tips! The leaflet is especially interesting. The first tour is about water and fountains. My husband and I both have careers in water quality and treatment so we are very interested in the fountains and aqueducts that have supplied Rome for centuries!

Thanks, Ashley

5. Re: Walking tour of Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:16