We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Schengen Visa

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Schengen Visa

Hey Guys,

I am an 26 year old Indian Citizen, whose planning a Europe Trip. I just want to confirm -

Is it possible to have a Schengen Visa without the hotel bookings for the whole trip. As in I got the tickets, my credit limit is decently huge, my bank a/c is quite respectable, and I have traveled 5-6 countries across Asia and Africa.

I am planning to Travel Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Benelux, France and Spain in close to a month.

The question is will it be possible to get a Visa without hotel bookings, as we are planning to stay in hostels and travel impromptu?

What are the hassles that I may face?

Please help me out, Thanks in advance.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Schengen Visa

Check the embassy website of the one Schengen country where you plan to apply for visa. They will have their visa requirements posted there. You only need a visa from just one member country where you will first enter Europe. After you have entered that country with your Schengen visa you can then travel to the others with the same visa.

You need a place to stay in at least one country before you start moving around so, hotel or hostel you have to have a reservation for at least one place to prove you have a place to stay in the country where you are applying for the visa.

I hope your plans go well and you get to enjoy your travels.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
493 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Schengen Visa

I just applied for my visa and one of the requirements was to have the hotel bookings. I guess there could be a work around but you need to ask your agent or the embassy itself.

3. Re: Advice on Schengen Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:41