We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time of English tours of Colosseum and Forum?

London
Level Contributor
130 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Time of English tours of Colosseum and Forum?

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked recently but I couldn't see it, after a quick search.

We will be buying the combined Colosseum, Palatine and Forum ticket at the Palatine next Wednesday and would like to take advantage of the guided tours which seem very reasonable.

We are hoping to be at the area for around 9.30 and want to spend the morning here, before doing a walk around the centre of Rome.

Does anyone know what time the guided tours are for the Colosseum and Forum? As i would like to get our order right, so we could enjoy these tours. If it's not possible to do both tours, then the Forum would be our priority.

I also notice from the website, that the House of Augustus will be open from 11am on Wednesday, so it's all getting a bit complicated :-)

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Time of English tours of Colosseum and Forum?

If you want to do all three - Forum, Colosseum, Palatine - in a siingle morning, your best bet might be with a private tour company, but it will cost more than the official tours, and I'm not sure any of them go to the House of Augustus (which opens at 8:30 am on Wednesdays).

There are supposedly official tours of the House of the Vestals and of the Temple of Venus and Rome in the Forum for 8 Euro (presumably for both), but the ticket link doesn't lead to anywhere that sells the guided-tour tickets.

The link for the Colosseum guided tours (regular and underground) is

www.ticketclic.it/gb/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm

You can try to call Pierreci for information; they have English-speaking operators. The telephone number is + 39 06 3996 7700.

2. Re: Time of English tours of Colosseum and Forum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:17