We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to purchase Snow Ski's in Rome

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Where to purchase Snow Ski's in Rome

Hi Everyone

My husband and i are wondering where abouts in Rome is there a shop that sells snow ski's. They are so expensive here in Australia and most USA shops wont ship ski's internationally so we will be in Rome early October 2012 and thought we would buy some while we are over there. Can someone give me the address and names of some snow ski shops. We are staying near Roma Termini so we can access the trains easily to go elsewhere if needed. Regards Brooke

rome
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to purchase Snow Ski's in Rome

Are you sure? I have 4 points against this:

Rome is not the best place to buy skis (not close to major ski areas)

You need a lot of consultation buying skis - do you speak Italian? Because no shop attendant will speak enough English for this purpose

You have to check them in as bulky luggage, which I believe comes at a cost.

If anything happens, you have (practically) no valid guarantee on them.

If all these are not important for you, there is a Decathlon sports shop in the Porta di Roma shopping mall, reachable by bus from Termini. No guarantees they will have skis in October, though.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to purchase Snow Ski's in Rome

Are you sure they'll be cheaper in Italy? I would be very surprised if it were so.

There's a big sporting goods store called Tuttosport in Via Giovanni Battista Morgagni, number 8, near the Policlinico metro stop. I'm a nonskiier myself, but I looked on an Italian ski forum, and saw this store recommended by several members.

3. Re: Where to purchase Snow Ski's in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:42