We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I shower in Rome?

Wylie, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I shower in Rome?

We are arriving way early in Rome, and our hotel does not offer early check-in. We are flying into FCO and are staying fairly near Rome Termini station. Is there anywhere we can shower that will be private and inexpensive? It will be about 24 hours since the last shower, and being on airplanes always makes me feel icky.

Edited: 25 May 2012, 16:30
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I shower in Rome?

I don't know of any place where you can shower. Some people go so far as to rent their hotel rooms for the night before arrival so that they can go straight to the hotel. If you do that, make sure the hotel knows you're arriving in the morning.

I think you can survive without a shower for more than 24 hours. Or maybe have a wash on the plane, without flooding the rest room, of course, or monopolizing it for too long.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,341 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I shower in Rome?

The Trevi Fountain! Sorry I could not resist.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I shower in Rome?

There used to be a day hotel at Termini station, but it was closed because it was being used for, um, other activities.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,094 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I shower in Rome?

Who are you flying with? Some of the airline lounges have shower facilities, though you may have to buy a pass.

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I shower in Rome?

You could go to the day spa near Termini station.

Check under www.termeatermini.it

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I shower in Rome?

After 12.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I shower in Rome?

The Alitalia VIP lounges at Fiumicino airport have showers, but it would be a very expensive shower unless you're flying business class.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can I shower in Rome?

Your room may just be available when you get to your hotel, always worth a shot. How early is "way early"? By the time you get through passport control, baggage claim and to your hotel it could be 2 hours later. Depending on what hotel, they may be able to help you out as well. Our first trip we landed around 8 am and were at our hotel at about 9:45 and our room was ready for us.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where can I shower in Rome?

We always take a face cloth, tooth brush and tooth paste, eyedrops and deoderant to have a quick freshen up prior to landing. I've also found a product called Arrive Revived which you dab on your temples and it awakens your senses.

On my first trip to Italy our luggage didn't make the transfer in Amsterdam, so we were without anything for 36 hours. That's when we learned the phrase "regazze puzzolente" !!! Smelly girls!!!

Enjoy!

Wylie, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where can I shower in Rome?

Thanks, everyone! I do travel with little cloths that when wettened get soapy. Those help for face and basic body areas. I just don't like taking too much time in any toilet area, but would do it if I had to.

It turned out that our hotel (check-in time is after 14:00; our flight landed at 9:30) had a room available for us at 11, when we actually arrived. I had contacted them previously, asking about early check-in, and they said no, they don't do that. I'm glad they didn't follow through with that.

I will look up some of the other options given above if we ever run into a similar problem again.