We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding gift I may buy in Italy

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Wedding gift I may buy in Italy

A friend will get married before I return to the US from Europe, thus I want to buy her a very Italian gift her in addition to an item in her wedding registry. The budget is about 100 USD and I want to buy something not too big.

Any suggestion?

Rome
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding gift I may buy in Italy

How about a nice set of bed sheets? Light and easy to pack in your suitcase. I got lovely white florentine embroidery sheets and you can find them in the stores around piazza argentina where they sell loads of "biancheria" maybe you'll find also other items for the house within your budget. Another option can be a set of glasses, I bought some for a friend who got married in Rome a few years ago, in a store just facing the coloumn in piazza di spagna, that sells lots of kitchen and table items. But maybe those are more difficult for you to carry.

Hope this can help you.

Ciao

Paola

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding gift I may buy in Italy

You might consider a gift of Guzzini tableware, modern brightly colored acrylic design. If you think they have modern tastes, I think these pieces are very "Italian" and they are lightweight.

http://www.fratelliguzzini.com/

I couldn't find it online right now, but I reall that there is a tableware shop somewhere between Piazza Venezia and Largo Argentina that has a very big selection. It might be on the via delle Botteghe Oscure

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding gift I may buy in Italy

From my experience, you are going to come across so many unexpected, wonderful shops that you won't have any problem finding something interesting and unique. So very much to choose from.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding gift I may buy in Italy

I think Italophile is thinking of House & Kitchen; it's on Via del Plebiscito and has a large selection of kitchen and tableware, at prices generally lower than the c.u.c.i.n.a stores, of which there are several branches. If the friend is into Italian design, again for kitchen and table, the place to go is Spazio Sette on Via dei Barbieri, also close to Largo Argentina. It's quite pricey, but I'm sure they have things for under USD 100.

sydney
Level Contributor
595 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding gift I may buy in Italy

Why not put a lovely gift basket together for your friend? After all, you are buying her a major gift at home so a little something from Rome would be appropriate.

How about a good quality Italian Olive Oil, some pasta bowls, some good Roman pecorino and some gorgeous red wine? You could add a frette candle (gorgeous) and maybe a couple of nice linen napkins as well . I don't think that will break your budget and it would add a slightly luxe feel to your thoughtful gift.

You could pick up a wicker basket from one of the cooking stores and a visit to a gourmet store like Castroni Via Frattina 79 near the Spanish Steps will help you find the olive oil etc. Frette is on 84 Via Nazionale. You will find the prices at Frette in Rome are half the price than in the USA.

Francoise

Excusemewhereis.blogspot.com

Edited: 29 May 2012, 00:16
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding gift I may buy in Italy

Could you tell us a link to the cost of an inexpensive Frette candle in Rome, please? Just so that the OP can get an idea of what she might have to spend, and also I might like to buy one myself next trip but they appear to START at about 50 Euros.

Thank you

7. Re: Wedding gift I may buy in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:17