We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome citysightseeing bus tour warning

Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Rome citysightseeing bus tour warning

Just back from Rome, we booked on the citysightseeing bus tour company. About €25 for 2 day ticket. I'd used them before in several other cities so looked out for them. What a terrible service, most of the earphone plug in ponts weren't working, we missed half the commentary jumping from seat to seat trying to get working head phone points. If you were lucky only one worked, and your companion had to move to a different seat. The commentary was ridiculously out of synch with the location.

Worst of all they seem to have the least number of busses of all companies. Nearly a mini riot at the vatican stop, people were waiting for ages in the heat, and multiple busses of all other companies seemed to arrive in the meantime. When a bus finally came there were so many waiting the organisation of the queue was a farce, latecomers getting on first, lots of irate people, an unpleasant experience. They have just been having a bad day, and I had gods experiences in other cities, but this was pretty poor. Choose a different one, thete's lots and lots of choice.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome citysightseeing bus tour warning

Which company did you use, there are several.

Donna

Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome citysightseeing bus tour warning

Hi Donna, it's actually called "citysightseeing". They are a worldwide franchise, I'd used them in many other places and had good experiences, but the Rome one was really poor. Like I say, they may just have had a bad day, but when time is short the bus tour is often a key part for me of the city experience. I'd been to Rome a few times before, but was taking my parents for their first time, and was really disappointed with the servce and the equipment on board. Another frustrated passenger commented aloud at the vatican bus stop "ever get the feeling you picked the wrong bus tour?". Even making allowances for Rome traffic, it was clear every other company seemed to a more frequent service.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,114 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome citysightseeing bus tour warning

The 110 Trambus is the most recommended in Rome, I've used it twice with no trouble. I've used Citysightseeing in others cities too with no problem, so i understand your frustration

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome citysightseeing bus tour warning

We've enjoyed the CSS buses elsewhere - even available in Norwich - but haven't tried those in Rome.

Funnily enough, I was looking at their schedule earlier this morning - and thought how awful it was some days...

www.roma.city-sightseeing.it/orari_roma.pdf

Strange?

For us the best has been the 110 Open - even if we didn't realise / notice that their tickets also gave museum discounts, see:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…41172887

Peter

5. Re: Rome citysightseeing bus tour warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:42