We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique/Romantic Experiences in Rome

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Unique/Romantic Experiences in Rome

I've got a feeling everywhere in Rome will have a hint of romance but I was wondering if there was a place that goes above and beyond... Or even a place with an amazing backstory that would impress my girlfriend when I surprise her and take her to a special place to eat. Does anyone know of a hidden gem or hidden tour that would seriously impress? Making this as unique as possible is key.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Unique/Romantic Experiences in Rome

What's more important, the backstory and setting or the food and service? Romolo in Trastevere is, so the story goes, where La Fornarina, the baker's daughter, lived and where Raphael had trysts with her instead of working on the frescoes of the Villa Farnesina. There is a pretty garden to eat in.

I ate there once; the food was OK (but nothing more) and so was the service (but I was with a regular). If you call to reserve and explain that it's an important date, maybe they'll unbend from their usual surliness. Be aware that it's also more expensive than most of the restaurants in the area.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d7…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Unique/Romantic Experiences in Rome

For a romantic setting go up to the Aventine or Gianicolo hill. The views of Rome are spectacular. For dinner, you can eat in Trastevere after coming down from the Gianicolo or in Testaccio after the Aventine.

3. Re: Unique/Romantic Experiences in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 18:16