We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cultural Events July Last week 2012

Sydney
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cultural Events July Last week 2012

I believe in Summer there are a number of cultural events in Rome, the Estate Romana 2012. There are supposed to be a whole bunch of activities, but I can find no information regarding it. The website is there, but it has no information. Can anyone tell me where I can get tickets from? Or what events are being held?

Alternatively, if anyone could inform me or link me to any website to purchase tickets for any cultural events from 25th-29th July 2012, would be awesome!

Thanks!

Sydney
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cultural Events July Last week 2012

Anyone with any idea?

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cultural Events July Last week 2012

By late June, the program of Estate Romana should be online. Events are planned, by and large, for Romans and not for tourists who want to purchase tickets six weeks in advance. Some events are free; tickets for many events can be bought at the door.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cultural Events July Last week 2012

The Estate Romana is a series of initiatives mostly designed with the residents of Rome in mind, especially those who are unable to go away for part of the summer. A lot of the events will be in residential areas not usually frequented by tourists.

Close to the center of Rome, the opera series at the Baths of Caracalla is part of the Estate Romana.

operaroma.it/en/stagione/stagione_2011_2012

Move the calendar forward to July to see the operas for that month.

There will also be outdoor concerts at the Parco della Musica, north of the center:

www.auditorium.com/eventi/…

You'll have to go to the next page to see the concerts for the end of July.

Here is a list which includes the Rock in Roma concerts, which are held at the Ippodromo Campanelle:

www.romeguide.it/estate_romana/indexeng.php

Finally, there will be all sorts of events, with free admission, along the Tiber river; the web site is still under construction:

www.lungoiltevereroma.it/programma.html

4. Re: Cultural Events July Last week 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 23:17