We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Rome for 1 day

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Rome for 1 day

I'm going on holiday to Preguia in early July but will be flying to Rome Fumicino airport and picking up a hire car. As the flight is early in the morning I was planning to drive into Rome, park up somewhere (in an authorised car park...) and visit a tourist attraction or two.

Can anyone suggest where best to park in order to either walk or catch public transport to say the Vaitcan or Colosseum. I only plan to be in Rome from about midday to 6pm so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,976 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Rome for 1 day

Why not just pick up the car later at the airport? You can take the train into the city and back to the airport and go from there.

Donna

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Rome for 1 day

......or pick up your car at termini at 6pm.....

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Rome for 1 day

Thanks both, I did contemplate this option but would mean carrying our luggage around during the day. The car rental company is off site as well so makes the option of picking the car up later in the day a bit more complicated. Might be worth the additional hassle though, if it means avoiding Rome by car...

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,976 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Rome for 1 day

You can store your luggage at the termini station so you don't have to take it around with you.

Donna

5. Re: Parking in Rome for 1 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 01:42