We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know which pub crawl this is?

Rome
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know which pub crawl this is?

I'm wondering whether anyone knows which Rome pub crawl this is. The promoters wear blue T-shirts reading "I love Roma City - The best night you'll never remember". Thanks a lot.

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,437 Reviews
from US$82.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
538 Reviews
from US$412.70*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,815 Reviews
from US$60.80*
US$67.50
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,919 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know which pub crawl this is?

Pub crawls are illegal now, after several very unfortunate ends to some of them. The incident that caused the most concern was when a young Australian pub crawler fell over the Tiber embankment and his companions were so drunk they didn't notice he was missing. His body was found the next day. This had followed another incident, and was the final straw. The city made them illegal.

Rome
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know which pub crawl this is?

I heard about that and believe me, I do NOT want to go on a pub crawl! However, they do still operate in Rome and I am interested in finding out who these people were. My friend and I were approached by two guys who worked for the above pub crawl and when we said we weren't interested they were disgustingly rude and started insulting us loudly in the middle of the street. We were really shocked because it was totally uncalled for. I want to find out who they work for so that I can report them, because you can't treat people like that, especially not if you're doing something illegal.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know which pub crawl this is?

The best night you'll never remember - that says it all. Why not just have that night at home and tell everyone you went to Rome? They'd save a lot of money and the memories would be the same.

I tried doing a Google image search, but didn't find this particular outfit. I saw a photo of someone holding a sign advertising a pub crawl. The sign had the time and meeting place, and a challenge to the mayor of Rome to try and catch them.

Rome
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know which pub crawl this is?

I will try to find more information about.

Paola

Edited: 24 June 2012, 18:37
Rome
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know which pub crawl this is?

Thanks, Paola. Bvlenci, I also tried the same thing but couldn't find the exact one. I don't think they advertise much on the internet because of the ban so they're difficult to track down, but I did find a blog someone had written, where he described how he and his friend had met a guy called Benito who hired them on the spot without even telling them what the job entailed. Their job was promoting nightly pub crawls for Roma City Pub Crawl, which must be the one.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know which pub crawl this is?

I don't know what good it would do to report them. They obviously have no legal address, so the police don't have anywhere to go to bust them. And the owner surely doesn't give a flying ...

Rome
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know which pub crawl this is?

I know you're right, it just made me so angry how rude and arrogant they were. I'll get over it soon enough.

8. Re: Anyone know which pub crawl this is?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 05:45