We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome Cavalieri Hotel walking distance to the Vatican?

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
160 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Rome Cavalieri Hotel walking distance to the Vatican?

Hello

I just read a lot of comments regarding this hotel. We got an amazing deal to stay there.

I know that there is a shuttle and that you can go downhill and catch a bus or a taxi to the metro station and then go to anywhere in Rome.

But since we are used to walk around, we were wondering how long does it take to get to the Vatican from the hotel?

I tried the Google maps and it says almost 45 minutes.

What do you think or what do you recommend?

All the best, and thanks in advance!

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
66 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome Cavalieri Hotel walking distance to the Vatican?

Unwalkable!!!

Take the shuttle. You can see it in the distance if you're room is on the outside wall of the hotel, and when you see the dome, you'll know.

Level Contributor
905 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome Cavalieri Hotel walking distance to the Vatican?

One reason to do this walk is that this gelateria is on the route.  Fata Morgana, v G. Bettolo  7 Here is a review from food writer

parlafood.com/gelateria-fata-morgana-rome/

or you could hop off the shuttle early, it is a 15 minute walk from there to Vatican City.

If you take a look at the road down the hill on Street View you can see that it's a busy road with no shoulder.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome Cavalieri Hotel walking distance to the Vatican?

It's really not a walkable distance. By the time you get to the Vatican you're going to be worn out. I would either take a cab or ask the driver to drop you at the piazza del popolo and take the metro from there.

Donna

rome
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome Cavalieri Hotel walking distance to the Vatican?

It is about 2k. For me it is walkable, the op can decide themselves. I walk it about once a week, actually even further into the city. And it is all downhill. Maybe in the evening going back to the hotel I'd take the bus or a taxi, but going down is totally ok, esp if op says they are used to walking. it is a nice area, too. At the end of the downhill walk, you can reward yourself either with the above mentioned gelato or the excellent pizza at pizzarium.

5. Re: Rome Cavalieri Hotel walking distance to the Vatican?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 05:17