We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay Village in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Gay Village in Rome

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I are heading to Italy (first time) between July 22nd - August 26th. We have some time booked in in Venice firstly for 3 days then plan on travelling to Rome and just getting completely lost in Rome until the 5th of August, we then start a 12 day tour that takes us around spots like Florence, Amalfi etc.

I've seen online that there is an event called gay village happening during the time we are there.. unfortunaltey I cannot read Italian so I'm finding it difficult to understand what it is exactly, and if it is worth trying to locate ourselves nearby. Is there anyone with more information? Or helpful hints on nearby accomodation so that we can be a part of gay village? Also, is this event just gay or lesbian orientated too..

From the online research I've done, it appears maybe the Parco del Ninfeo area?

Given that most of our time is in Rome, are there any hidden gems worth knowing about?

Thank you in advance!

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay Village in Rome

You're going to Rome for the first time with your girlfriend and you want to attend a gay event?What gives?

United States
Level Contributor
9,565 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay Village in Rome

Here is a wesite in English that might help.

http://www.patroc.com/rome/

The official site (probably the one you'vealready found) is:

http://www.gayvillage.it/

Some of the links are in English,

You can use a translation site to get the approximate translation of the rest.

(Go to Google home pages, under More is a translation option)

TAB

PS, It's nobody else's business, "What gives?"

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gay Village in Rome

Thanks TABarrett! I will try and give the translation idea a go.

Secondly the patroc website had a map which is useful.. just a little concerned as a few different sites list the location as different.. can't remember which site but one of them mentioned a change of venue recently. Anyway, I am sure once in Rome we will meet someone with knowledge by visiting one of the gay bars :)

Thank you again for responding TABarrett. Very excited for this trip overall! So much to see and do in AMAZING Italy.

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gay Village in Rome

Hi there! I'm trying to find more information on the gay bars best for girls in Rome. Any chance you mind sharing the info you found? I'll be heading to Italy Aug 16-29.

5. Re: Gay Village in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 10:17