We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodadtions in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
53 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodadtions in Rome

My wife and I are booked for a Rome vacation cruise in December.

We plan to fly into Rome three days early to enjoy the sites before our cruise sh ip eaves for return voyage. My question is: Where do we stay in Rome for those three days? Any reviews or recommendations and advise would be greatly appreciated. We certainly don't need five-star luxury accommodations, but nothing sub -standard either Private baths and of course clean are musts, but no budget-busters either. We are novice newly retired travelers, so we need as much help as we an get. Thanks in advance.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,737 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodadtions in Rome

If you offer some information about your budget range, it will help people offer you useful suggestions.

The historic center of Rome is a good area to be located (Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Campo de'Fiori, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps areas); there is less pricey lodging in the areas around Termini station and the Vatican.

I suggest you get a good guidebook and a map prior to your trip so you can begin to figure what you want to see and where things are located.

Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodadtions in Rome

We just returned and stayed by Piazza Navonna which is very centrally located. 10 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon is at the most a 5 minute walk. Lovely local restaurants on the side streets around the squares. Try Maccheroni if you go. It is In this area and where the locals eat. Look up hotels in this area on this website. I advise air conditioning as when we were there it was in the 90s. We bought a map there and occasionally got a little lost but nothing major. We walked everywhere without any problems day or night. I personally liked staying by Piazza Navonna instead of the Spanish Steps as it seemed more central to me. Angel Tours were delightful. Check out there website. Did tours of the Vatican and Colisseum with them.Also Eating Italy food tour was four hours and exceptional in the Testaccio neighborhood. Angel Tours also offers a night tour of the Vatican. We picked up an evening concert at some ruins and also a Dali exhibit that was a nice surpirse.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodadtions in Rome

Just back from our first trip to Rome & we stayed at Hotel Regno on Via Del Corso. Despite being on a very busy road, we had no traffic noise day or night, our room was very spacious, had a small balcony & an air-con. We walked everywhere from here as it was very centrally located. Lots of shops and restaurants all around!

4. Re: Accomodadtions in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:47