We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Rental Car at FCO

Level Contributor
248 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Rental Car at FCO

Looking for input on the most affordable rental car company at the Rome (FCO) airport. Thanks in advance.

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,441 Reviews
from US$82.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
538 Reviews
from US$411.00*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,824 Reviews
from US$60.50*
US$67.20
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,919 Reviews
from US$123.30*
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
710 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Rental Car at FCO

Most of the best deals are with 3rd party brokers such as:

economycarhire.com

economycarental.com

auto europe

bravofly.com (car3000.com)

I have used all of the above at one time or another. Most recent was car3000.com out of FCO with a drop off in Lamezia. I think prices across all are pretty much the same. We were brokered to Avis as the supplier. The car was relatively new. Two years ago I used economycarhire.com and was brokered to Taregant (sp?). They gave me a supposed upgrade. The car was horrible. When I went back to the counter they told me they only had that car available.

I would get a quote from any or all of the brokers and then see how they compare against the name brands.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Rental Car at FCO

Auto Europe is run out of Hertz at FCO, if that matters to you

Level Contributor
248 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Rental Car at FCO

Do you know if these companies will allow pickup at FCO and return to the Ciampino Airport? Thank you

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Rental Car at FCO

All of those above were auto brokers. When you make an inquiry, you input where and when you want to pick the auto up and where and when you want to drop it off along with the type of auto you want.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,134 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Rental Car at FCO

Any major company will allow pick up at FCO and drop off at CIA. Probably no charge, as they are at the same city.

Dallas
Level Contributor
69 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Rental Car at FCO

Just did the rental car thing at FCO. There are lots to choose from. I don't know where you are, but we got the best deal by booking through the American Airlines website with Avis. They were running a special. The car was great and the service at the counter and return was nice also.

7. Re: Best Rental Car at FCO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:15