We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help! last minute rome in august

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
help! last minute rome in august

Hello all-

I am considering a last minute vacation in Rome in 2 weeks. I know that in august, much of Italy closes as that is the month most locals take their holidays

How does this affect Rome in august and how does it affect tourism?

Tia-

Joe

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help! last minute rome in august

Rome does not shut down in August. Some smaller shops and restaurants will close but you probably won't notice it. There will be plenty open.

Donna

Rome, Italy
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help! last minute rome in august

Don't you worry, this is the most important touristic period of the year. You'll find open everything!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help! last minute rome in august

Donna -thanks! Do you have a recommendation as where or what area to stay? We are new Yorkers and have no issue walking a lot but location is key...

Thanks

Joe

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help! last minute rome in august

Joe, i would follow some of the Romans going to the Castelli Romani to escape the heat.

Genzano, Ariccia, Frascati, Lanuvio, Velletri or Rocca di Papa.

Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn went to visit Rocca di Papa during their work stages in Rome for the movie Roman Holiday,

The town is build up like an eagle nest and the view over Rome and the nearby lakes through the sea.

5. Re: help! last minute rome in august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 08:16