We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lysol spray

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Lysol spray

It may sound odd ,but does anyone know if I will be able to buy Lysol disinfectant spray and wipes in Rome, like may be in a grocery store or drug store, and if so are they available everywhere. I disinfect bathroom and stuff and will be needing them, So I'm debating on whether to take them from here (US) or look for it there.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lysol spray

Rome is not exactly third world you know. But yes, if it's not Lysol brand then something similar you'll find in every supermarket or chemist.

Save Reply
2. Re: Lysol spray

I always take them with me from the US, that way I dont have spend time looking for it & i have it available as soon I enter my room. I always take my shoes off at the door & start sprying (including my shoes); we haven't been sick in any of our trips, I do believe it is thanks to Lysol!! however I saw plenty of drugstores in Rome.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,790 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lysol spray

Really, I have travelled all over the world without lysol and have never been unwell. I do believe this is thanks to a good immune system and hand washing.

Hand washing with soap and water are really all that you need in first world countries.

I would be more concerned spraying the chemicals in Lysol around the room I stay in than the germs in the room.

Finland
Level Contributor
66 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lysol spray

I have visited Rome several times and never got sick. Never used Lysol or something like that. Rome is cleaner than most of big cities, including USA. You can drink tap water and you won`t get sick. If you use your Lysol everywhere the bacterias will get used to it and finally anything won`t work.

Indeed I got sick in Monaco in July...

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lysol spray

I shouldn't let the hotel staff catch you spraying if I were you. They would be justifiably offended. I really can't believe this thread. Is someone kidding me?!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lysol spray

Appia670,

It's not really a third world/first world thing. There are people who like to disinfect everything, even in their own house. It can sometimes get to the point where they can't do anything until everything is disinfected.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lysol spray

Thanks MaryWotNoGuinness. I see now, but as we say in Italy: "esagerati!", I love your nickname btw. Can't imagine how you managed to think it up!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lysol spray

Oh it's a hidden message found on the cover of Iron Maiden's album "Powerslave". Brilliant cover. And I love Guinness beer, so... :-)

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lysol spray

>There are people who like to disinfect everything, even in their own house. It can sometimes get to the point where they can't do anything until everything is disinfected.

Is it like the washing-your-hands-until-they-bleed thing?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lysol spray

It can be germophobia (fear of germs).

Some people do not understand that by for example washing your hands with antibacterial soap all the time you do more harm than good. You need to let your body build up its own defense mechanisms. Otherwise bacteria grow stronger and stronger plus your immune system cannot fight them on its own anymore. But to each their own.

Though, being a woman, I can sometimes understand why a woman would want to disinfect a bathroom in particular.