We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in rome

Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
338 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in rome

Thinking about treating us to a 4 night break in rome at the end of september can anyone recommend a good 4star or above Hotel which is central

Los Angeles,CA
Level Contributor
151 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in rome

"Central" is probably not the right word..."Central;" to me is near Termini and a metro stop. You may want to check out skoosh.com or octopustravel.com or venere.com They have hotels listed and ratings, and whether it includes b'fast (they usually do or not.. There is also a map displayed so you can see where the hotel is located.

Charles City, Iowa
Level Contributor
264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in rome

I would say central means comfortable walking distance to most major sights and for that I would recommend Campo dei Fiori/Piazza Navona area. We prefer Campo dei Fiori because it is a great place to begin and end your day and comfortable walking to Vatican and St. Peter's, Trastevere, Piazza Navona, Pantheon and Trevi Fountain. Spanish Steps and Colosseum/Forum are a little farther, but we've walked to both with no problem. There's also a nearby taxi stand for trips to and from Termini for a reasonable cost. Though we prefer apartments, Hotel Campo dei Fiori has good reviews and looks great when we've walked by.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in rome

Personally, I'd go for either of these:

http://www.hotelpontesisto.it/

http://www.hotellunetta.com/

Both are only a short walk from the Campo de' Fiori, Piazza Navona etc...

But September, and October, and busy and pricey months - so by now it may be a case of picking from what's on offer, rather than having a wide choice!

As an idea, this is the 6 square mile area in which people usually spend most of their time....

pbase.com/isolaverde/image/141538449/original

Peter

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
573 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in rome

We will stay near the Termini. Can we walk to Spanish Steps and Vatican.

We are okay with walking for up to an hour time.

Thanks.

Charles City, Iowa
Level Contributor
264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in rome

Spanish Steps...yes. Vatican...a very long walk, but possible, but I would take a sit-down break at every opportunity. Don't forget you'll be on your feet for a long time at Vatican and St. Peter's.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,322 posts
484 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in rome

How about Albergo del Senato? Maybe one of the rooms with a terrace? Cannot think of a more "central" location as far as the historical center of Rome.

siu, as far as whether you can walk to certain attractions from the termini, I think it is a function of your physical shape and good shoes much more than distance. It will be much longer than one hour of walking from the termini to Vaticano or Spanish Steps, with some time spent at your destination, and a return trip. Maybe you could find a place closer to the historical center of Rome?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
573 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in rome

Thanks very much for your advice. It is very helpful.

If we walk, we will take every opportunity of the break. I believe it is also interesting on the way to the city center. But we shall not return too late, isn't it ?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,431 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in rome

I stay at the Hotel Campo de'Fiori which is in a very well placed location. The hotel is a wonderful, boutique 4 star hotel with an incredible staff - the roof deck is stunning.

From there you can walk five minutes to Piazza Navona with another 5 to 7 minutes to the Pantheon; it is also near a bus stop which offers many different buses - at Largo Argentina, about 5 minutes from the hotel.

Have fun in beautiful Rome!

9. Re: Hotels in rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 10:16