We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel after cruise

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
hotel after cruise

Hi, first time on this forum...we are cruising out of Rome next May and want to extend a night or 2 after...the return flight leaves at 11am...any suggestions on a hotel which is semi convient to a day of sight seeing and getting to the airport early the next norning...thanks.. will be asking about travel guides later...there are 6 of us

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,357 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel after cruise

You can use venere.com for hotels. The city center is considered to be the pantheon, navona and trevi areas. You don't mention a budget which would help you get more specific recommendations.

Donna

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel after cruise

Don't really have a budget....I guess convience is more important than price...will book with the flight....did this in Athens and got a 5* at a great price when combined... Thanks for the quick reply Donna

Edited: 22 August 2012, 21:22
Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel after cruise

bump

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,357 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel after cruise

Larry, you might want to check out the Albergo del Senato and the Hotel Smeraldo. They are both great hotels in the city center.

Donna

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel after cruise

Looking at the hotel Smeraldo it reminds me of hotel Arethusa in Athens, which perfectly suited our needs...my question is knowing less than nothing of Rome how much of a pain in the neck is it to get to the airport from there?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel after cruise

You really should look into the Relais Maddalena. It is located a block from the Pantheon on the Piazza Maddalena. We have stayed there the last three years...and this year they have added 6 new rooms...and a new breakfast room, which was it's only flaw.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d176665…

Good Luck...oh, and they have a complimentary pick-up policy on arrival! And anything in the room's little refrigerator is complimentary...as in free. Great place...great staff and owner!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,357 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel after cruise

I would just have romecabs.com pick you up. You can also take a taxi but I like to have a car service waiting for me when I need it.

Donna

8. Re: hotel after cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:17