We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to Rome Cabs?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
107 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Alternative to Rome Cabs?

Hello,

Rome cabs is fully booked on the days I needed a transfer. Is there any other cab / transfer company I can use that's recommended?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,810 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative to Rome Cabs?

I've used airportconnection.it before with good results.

Donna

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative to Rome Cabs?

susie,

Try romeshuttlelimousine.com/en/airport-transfer…

Pasadena
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternative to Rome Cabs?

Hi, I also tried to book with Rome Cabs for our trip in next month and got the same response. The quote for our transfer from FCO to the Cavalieri on airportconnection.it says €58.00. The romashuttle.com website says €45.00, but I've contacted them for a more accurate quote. romeshuttlelimousine.com says €40.00.

This is for 2 people, 1 checked bag, 2 carry-ons.

Pasadena
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternative to Rome Cabs?

FYI, I just saw this message on the romeshuttlelimousine.com website:

"Due to technical maintenance we will not see any emails between 19-29th of august. Please book online before or after this date. For urgent matters you can write email to sata.coop@gmail.com or call +39 348 5141804

Thanks

Charlotta"

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,409 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternative to Rome Cabs?

My daughter was very satisfied with the services of Romeshuttlelimousine, and they were a lot cheaper than Rome Cabs. They were even cheaper than a regular Rome taxi. It's not a shuttle, but a private car service. The driver waited for her in the arrivals hall, and took her to an ATM machine outside the airport, to avoid the long line there. Her hotel was north of the center (on the opposite side from the airport) and the taxi would not have been at a fixed rate.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,733 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alternative to Rome Cabs?

I think I might try and book a shuttle or private car to save the hassle of trying to get a taxi, have I left it too late though? (We leave Saturday). Also, what happens if your plane is delayed?

Pasadena
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Alternative to Rome Cabs?

Update: I received a confirmation from romashuttle.com for €45.00 so the price they quoted on their website is accurate.

ncmc, we're leaving just a couple days after you so hope you'll find something, as well.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,733 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alternative to Rome Cabs?

I presume Rome Shuttles are an ok company? They want credit card details for security, but don't take payment til you arrive. Hate giving out credit card details in situations like that.

Pasadena
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Alternative to Rome Cabs?

I don't have any experience with them other than what I've read on here and on roninrome.com so I hope so too! But it sounds like they're recommended, just like the other companies mentioned. They charged $64.10 to my card but it looks like a hold because it hasn't processed. Here's what the confirmation email says:

"> COST: 45 euro total, no extra costs!

(gratuities not included ,you may give a tip to the driver if satisfied of the services)

To be paid in euro cash to your driver at the end of the service!

Your credit card will be NOT be charged, we use it only for holding your reservation!"

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,733 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alternative to Rome Cabs?

Thanks Veesix, think i'll book them tomorrow, don't fancy having to ring Rome Shuttle Limousine. I've never used a transfer company before, wonder what happens if you're flight is delayed?