We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Underground Tickets for Colosseum in Early October

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Underground Tickets for Colosseum in Early October

HELP

I need to try and get Underground Tickets for Colosseum for early October. I have been on the website and seem to only be able to get the 18.50 euro tickets.I think the ones i need are 21.50 euro Does this mean that the ticket sales have sold out alreadyfor October or just have not been released yet for October. I will be so disappointed if we miss out this time around. If someone can please advise i would appreciate it. Regards Brooke

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Underground Tickets for Colosseum in Early October

Ok I feel like an idiot now..I should have had alook earlier and more closely. I can clearly see that the underground tickets arent released yet for early October. Only up to mid September. We leave in 2 weeks for Europe so i will have to keep my eye out online closer to the date. Just goes to show i really need a holiday as i am brain dead at the moment i would normally have been on top of that. Regards Brooke

Edited: 31 August 2012, 08:52
Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Underground Tickets for Colosseum in Early October

We are also waiting patiently for the underground tickets to be released for our visit late September. Hopefully soon.

Enjoy!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Underground Tickets for Colosseum in Early October

Hi Brooke! My fiance and I are honeymooning in Rome mid-Sept and we also are waiting for the 9/17-18 underground Colloseum tickets to go onsale. Keep your eyes peeled and safe travels! -Maria

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Underground Tickets for Colosseum in Early October

There is no guarantee that these tickets will ever be available. It usually starts raining in autumn, and at some point they can't run the underground tours until the area dries out the next spring. This is the reason why these tickets are announced with very little advance warning, and only for short periods.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Underground Tickets for Colosseum in Early October

That being the case, would you suggest perservering for the underground tickets or booking the normal tickets now just in case the underground ones never get released. It might be even too late to get the normal tickets once there is confirmation that the underground tickets will not be released. Your advice, please. Thanks.

lilroogirl

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Underground Tickets for Colosseum in Early October

I think it's unlikely that ordinary tickets will sell out weeks in advance for early October. I would check again in late September, and if the underground tour is still not available, you might want to buy ordinary tickets.

You can always get tickets on the spot; these never sell out, although sometimes there is a fairly long queue for tickets. That's less likely in October, but if you see a long queue, you can go to the nearby Roman Forum or Palatine Hill to buy your tickets; there's usually no line there. The tickets are good for all three sites.

7. Re: Underground Tickets for Colosseum in Early October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 10:16