We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation near a metro station Rome.

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation near a metro station Rome.

I would like to stay in a nice hotel ( with an elevator if possible) near a metro station. I have a week booked in Trastevere neighborhood (not near any of the metro stations) only walking for a week in Rome!

Then traveling three weeks in other parts of Italy. On my way back after traveling I have an additional 3 nights in Rome, and want someplace easy to get around using metro trains. $200-250 ish a night range.

Edited: 21 September 2012, 13:02
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,740 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation near a metro station Rome.

You don't need to use the metro to get around Rome easily. The metro doesn't go to the city center at all and only skirts the outer areas of the city. If you want to stay somewhere central try the pantheon or navona area. If you want something more budget try the colosseum or termini areas.

Donna

Edited: 21 September 2012, 13:04
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation near a metro station Rome.

As Donna says, the metro is not that convenient to see Rome.

From trastevere you can easily reach most part of the historic center by walking 10-30 minutes. And there are plenty of buses that will take you to other sites - 3, 280, 23, 780 the H bus and the #8 tram.

From Trastevere you can also conveniently reach Fiumicino airport from Trastevere station, and it's cheaper than the Leonardo express.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation near a metro station Rome.

If you've not done so, try having a look at this city centre transport map - and you'll perhaps appreciate how limited the Metro system is....

http://www.atac.roma.it/files/doc.asp?r=3

Look for the navy blue and reddy-orange lines!

My favourite of the various alternatives:

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/electric_buses

Peter

Edited: 21 September 2012, 14:23
alberta
Level Contributor
131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation near a metro station Rome.

We use metro for travel in Rome when we are there - we like the Napolean Hotel. It is walking to Termini, and has a metro stop right outside the front door. We have also walked to most sights from the hotel. The have an excellent breakfast and lounge for evenings.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation near a metro station Rome.

Thanks for your responses, to clarify- the question was not for my stay in Trastevere, i want to walk everywhere.

It was for my final days on my way home that will be in Rome I was thinking it would be easier on day trips without having to walk for 30 minutes before getting to the main train station.

I was anticipating feeling (being) Lazy by the end of three weeks schlepping around a few cities :)

I choose a small hotel by Piazza Navona.

Thanks.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,740 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation near a metro station Rome.

You do realize there is no metro near piazza navona. I'm sure there are buses but I don't know which you'd use. You can also take a cab for less than 10 euros.

Donna

7. Re: Hotel recommendation near a metro station Rome.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 10:17