Working on planning our second trip to Italy next May/June. We took full advantage of the Roma Pass last year, and saved over 10 euro each with it. This year we plan to try the Roma & Piu pass.. and even though the price has gone up some, I believe we can still save some money as we plan to take a day trip to Tivoli seeing both Hadrian's Villa & Villa d'Este.
I'm having trouble deciding the best use of the pass. (Which of the three days to do first so which museums get free entry to maximize use of the pass). And I have a question - will the Roma & Piu Pass cover the cost of bus rides within Tivoli on the local C.A.T. orange busses? (like from Hadrian's Villa to the town square)?
Here was my idea:
Day 1 on the Pass:
- Bus to Hadrian's Village
- Entry to Hadrian's Villa - (6.5 euro) FREE
- CAT Bus to Tivoli (is this covered)?
- Entry to Villa d'Este - (11 euro) FREE
- Bus to Rome
Day 2 on the Pass:
- Castle St. Angelo (reduced price)
- Ara Pacis (reduced price)
- Borghese Gallery (reduced price)
- At least 1 metro ride
- Bus rides to/from Trastevere at night.
Day 3 on the Pass:
- Metro Ride to Cavour Metro Stop
- Bus 118 to Appian Way
- Tomb of Cecelia Metella (reduced price)
- Circus of Maxentius (reduced price)
- Bus back from the Appian Way