We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Assisi by train

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Rome to Assisi by train

Is there train service between Rome and Assisi. Is it direct train. In the schedule of trains is it mentioned as Assisi or other italian name. OR is it better to go witha group.

Any link to what to see in ASSISI.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to Assisi by train

This is from last fall: tripadvisor.com/…36446834

In September, I went with a small group (9 people + guide) via www.darkrome.com the tour also included Perugia so our time at Assisi was short. The next time I'll go on my own so I'll have more time.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome to Assisi by train

There are some direct trains, but with others where you have to change trains at Foligno. In either case, it's a very easy trip. You can see schedules here:

http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html

Use a date in the next 7 days to see complete information about the trains. Most of the trains (including ALL of the direct trains) are regional trains, without reserved seats, and there's no point in buying the tickets in advance.

The winter schedules will take effect on December 9th, and the schedules for regional trains are always the very last to be posted, so if you're traveling after that date, information may not be available until shortly before the 9th of December.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome to Assisi by train

Hi bvlenci,

As per you there is no reservation for regional trains. Will we get seats Or will it be overcrowded. So I have to buy tickets at the same day of travel. If I buy in 7 days advance will there be any rate difference.

Is there any link in TA to see what to do in Assisi.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome to Assisi by train

Hi Ocpony,

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome to Assisi by train

Hi Ocpony,

Can you highlight your tour of Assisi. What to see and how many hours can we spend. We are planning a full day in Assisi bu keeping our base in Rome. If I visit Assisi on Sunday is it okay.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome to Assisi by train

Jose, there's no discount for buying regional tkts in advance and it shouldn't be overcrowded. Click the TA link I provided in my post, it is from the Assisi Forum. In that link, look to the left for Things to Do and to the right is Top Questions. I would also click on the DE's name and browse some of her postings regarding Assisi.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome to Assisi by train

Thanks to All. Excellent Link

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rome to Assisi by train

I usually drive to Assisi, because it's only about two hours from my home. I once went by train from Rome, and back, and the train wasn't crowded. The route is used to a certain degree by commuters, for the stops nearer Rome, but they would be mostly going into Rome in the morning and back in the evening, and you'd be going in the opposite direction.

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rome to Assisi by train

Can i travel to Assisi from Rome by Train on a Sunday & is it DIRECT or do i have to change stations.

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rome to Assisi by train

Can i travel by train From Rome To Assisi & is it DIRECT or do i have to change stations.