We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mondays in Rome / Seafood Restaurants

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mondays in Rome / Seafood Restaurants

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are heading to Rome in a couple of weeks to celebrate his birthday -which is on a Monday. Since we've booked our trip I've been trying to find a nice seafood restaurant in Rome but a couple I've found are closed on Mondays. Does anyone know if most things are closed on Mondays? I visited Belgium for work recently and was told it was common for a lot of cities to close down on Mondays.... I'm now a little worried as I want to make sure he has a nice day! Also, any recommendations of nice seafood restaurants (open on Mondays!) would be really appreciated.

Many thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,050 reviews
from US$77.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
530 reviews
from US$419.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,840 reviews
from US$125.70*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,643 reviews
from US$58.30*
scotland
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mondays in Rome / Seafood Restaurants

Pierluigi

Piazza Dè Ricci, 144

Rome, Province of Rome

06 686 8717

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,768 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mondays in Rome / Seafood Restaurants

Pierluigi is closed on Mondays - see their website.

Fish on Mondays anywhere is something I never have because Sunday the fish markets/mongers aren't selling fresh fish.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mondays in Rome / Seafood Restaurants

Fresh fish isn't available on Mondays, because the boats don't go out on Sunday. Restaurants selling fresh fish should be serving the fish bought that day, not the day before. The boats that go out on Monday return to port and sell their fish early Tuesday morning. People where I live often go to the port at the crack of dawn to buy their fish right from the boat, so to speak.

I buy my fish from a fishmonger whose father is a fisherman. He sometimes has very little fish because "the sea was too rough yesterday".

rome
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mondays in Rome / Seafood Restaurants

Il San Lorenzo is the best fish restaurant in Rome center and is open Monday evenings (with the day's/night before's fresh catch). http://www.ilsanlorenzo.it/index.html

Edited: 17 October 2012, 08:19
Baton Rouge...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Mondays in Rome / Seafood Restaurants

Hi. Heading Rome is few short weeks. What time do places usually start serving lunch? I ask, because we arrive early morning and then meet up with our tour group back at airport at 1:30. Wanted to go into town to stroll and have lunch before heading back to airport.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mondays in Rome / Seafood Restaurants

You really should ask a new question instead of tacking it onto an existing question that's not really related.

You would have to leave central Rome a little before 1 PM to get to the airport by 1:30. Restaurants often begin serving at 1, but some, especially those who cater mostly to tourists, start earlier. However, lunch in Italy is a lot more leisurely than in the US, so, all in all, it would be difficult to have lunch before you leave for the airport. Depending on when you arrive, I'm not sure it's worth going into town at all.

7. Re: Mondays in Rome / Seafood Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 06:16