We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris-Rome..Fly or train??

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Providence...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Paris-Rome..Fly or train??

Hi! We are visiting London, Paris, & Rome for our honeymoon next May/June. I have been researching the train options and we know we do not want an overnight train.

I just looked at RyanAir and we could fly from Paris to Rome in about 2 hours for $130 total for the both of us, that includes a piece of checked luggage. I am not sure what the train cost would be because I can't seem to figure out those websites yet.

Does anyone know how long the day train takes from Paris to Rome and do you think flying would be easier/cheaper/quicker?

I appreciate any tips or info, I have already booked the Eurostar from Londong to Paris. Thanks so much!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris-Rome..Fly or train??

Flying would definitely be faster. Bahn.de is showing the quickest to be 10.5 hr ride, with some much longer.

Do be careful about using RyanAir, though: their "Paris" airport is not in Paris at all but in Beauvais. It might be an option but research transportation first.

Have you looked into EasyJet?

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris-Rome..Fly or train??

Flying is much quicker and cheaper to boot. There is only the option of an overnight train that I am aware of and it takes about 10 hours.

For flights you can also check www.easyjet.com/us. They have several flights a day and this site is set up so you can pay in USD.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,752 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris-Rome..Fly or train??

Also check http://www.vueling.com/EN/

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,307 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris-Rome..Fly or train??

I have not flown Ryanair for many years. If it were me I would fly Easyjet!

East Providence...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris-Rome..Fly or train??

thanks, what is vueling??

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris-Rome..Fly or train??

Vueling is an airline providing many cheap flights in Europe.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
5,753 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris-Rome..Fly or train??

With all of the discount airlines, be VERY wary of their luggage restrictions, including size (smaller), weight (lighter), number of allowed carry-on (sometimes none). Each bag that doesn't meet the criteria will have to be checked, resulting in additional fees. From what I hear they are very strict!!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris-Rome..Fly or train??

I was interested to see you had already booked the Eurostar from London to Paris for May/June. I didn't think you could purchase tickets that far in advance. If you don't mind me asking where did you make the reservation?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,309 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris-Rome..Fly or train??

www.seat61.com

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris-Rome..Fly or train??

SandyKa

I believe that Americans are able to book earlier than the usual 120 days ahead.