We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neighborhood comparison

New York
Level Contributor
25 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Neighborhood comparison

How does the Piazza Barberini compare with Piazza del Popolo as a neighborhood and location for hotels?

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,627 reviews
from US$74.16*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,009 reviews
from US$60.78*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
484 reviews
from US$401.17*
Special Offer
Pompeii and Vesuvius – Day Trip From...
3,434 reviews
from US$146.61*
US$162.90
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Neighborhood comparison

Piazza Baberini is closer to the center, and within walking distance of a good many things you'll probably want to see. However, I really like the neighborhood that's between Piazza di Spagna and Piazza del Popolo, and there are lots of little restaurants there, so I think either neighborhood will be fine. Make sure that "piazza del Popolo area" doesn't mean something well to the north of there.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,926 posts
602 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neighborhood comparison

Totally right, above all make sure that "Piazza del Popolo area" doesn't mean Piazza Mancini. Then, I see no great difference between Piazza del Popolo and Piazza Barberini, basically both are recommendable.

New York
Level Contributor
25 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Neighborhood comparison

Many thanks for these helpful replies. They make a difference!

Edited: 16 November 2012, 23:36
Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Neighborhood comparison

I agree with bvlenci - that area around piazza barberini towards piazza del poplo was great. On our last trip we only had 1 week in Rome before going elsewhere in Italy... and i would have loved to explore that neighborhood more.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Neighborhood comparison

I was actually talking about the area between Piazza di Spagna and Piazza del Popolo. Via del Corso, which is a very busy road in the vicinity of Via del Tritone, becomes a pedestrian street. This and two other streets on either side of Via del Corso (Via del Babuino and Via di Ripetta) all merge together at Piazza del Popolo, forming a nice triangle of little streets, shops, and restaurants.

6. Re: Neighborhood comparison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:18