We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help with where to book and B&B in Rome first timers

lancashire
Level Contributor
42 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
please help with where to book and B&B in Rome first timers

Hello - my fiancee has suprised me with flights to Rome for my 30th next year as i have always dreamt of seeing the main sights. He found the flights really cheap so we are just left with where to stay. We have looked at a few that have good reviews on trip Advisor for location and cleanliness and nice owners which of course is what we are ideally looking for but they are all coming in at £100+ a night which is so much more than we hoped to pay. I have found some places that are not in the centre on Rome for half the price but im not sure if it is wise to as we will spend more on travel to and from the centre especially if we want to go out for a meal and few drinks on my birthday then get taxi back later on at night. We are travelling on 17th july for 4 nights. Can anybody offer help of where is a good area to look for B&B that is still in reach of all the main tourist spots. Many Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,076 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help with where to book and B&B in Rome first timers

Check accommodation www.venere.com www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

www.romeinfo.com

Airport bus transfer www.sitbusshuttle.com

Edited: 15 November 2012, 22:12
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please help with where to book and B&B in Rome first timers

Kimbobs, I've stayed at both these B&B's which are very central, basic but clean.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187791-d1005…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187791-d1196…

lancashire
Level Contributor
42 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please help with where to book and B&B in Rome first timers

thanks jessybobs and Nurioopta i will have a look now - thanks again for replying

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,179 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please help with where to book and B&B in Rome first timers

FWIW, 100 pounds = 124 euros. You might want to consider an apartment. There are many listings on vrbo.com. Also check airbnb.com. Sometimes they have the same apartments as vrbo.com but at a lower rate.

For your first visit to Rome, I would recommend staying in the area around Campo de' Fiori, Piazza Navona, or Pantheon if you can. Another option to save money is The Beehive, to the west of Termini.

For July, be absolutely sure to get a place with air conditioning. Rome can be ferociously hot then.

Happy travels.

Edited: 16 November 2012, 17:38
5. Re: please help with where to book and B&B in Rome first timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 09:19