We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Rome

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Rome

Hi, we are planning on staying 3 nights in Rome and are looking to stay in the Trevi, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Navona area. Can someone please recommend any good hotels or B&Bs in this area. We are hoping to spend no more than $180 per night. $200 max.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Rome

I'm not sure how much that is in euros. In any case, you should find out and begin thinking in euros.

You can search for lodgings on www.venere.com/italy/rome or on www.booking.com . Both of these allow you to choose a neighborhood and then to sort the list by price. Pay attention to the guest rating, which is a better indicator of overall quality than the number of stars. Read the guest reviews, because some of the things mentioned may be important to you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Rome

In euros i am looking from 120 - 160 Euros per night. Forgot to mention that we shall also be travelling in June. I have been searching online on the above sites you mentioned and I guess i was hoping for personal recommendations.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,608 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Rome

You can try the Hotel Smeraldo and the Albergo Cesari. Not sure what they charge in June but you can try.

Donna

Melbourne
Level Contributor
149 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Rome

Hi Starfysh - I have just been through the mindboggling experience of working out where to and what to stay in!!!!! I have settled for booking through "sleepinitaly" I have decided on a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment with lift in the Navona/Pantheon area. total for 9 nights 1650 euros approx which is quite good split 3 ways. Hope to walk to most sites and like to be where there's a lot going on. We are a couple with a mum travelling and I didn't want to do a triple share in a hotel room or seperate rooms as more exp. This way we have our "space" and more economical.

Hope it all goes to plan !! Good luck with what you decide :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Rome

Thanks all, great suggestions! I didn't think to look into apartments also, but those hotel suggestions do fit in with my budget. Better get booking, thanks again!

6. Re: Accommodation in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 05:17