We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes for Early May in Rome

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Clothes for Early May in Rome

What type of clothing should we take for early May while in Rome?

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,576 Reviews
from US$74.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private...
542 Reviews
from US$395.80*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,879 Reviews
from US$58.80*
alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes for Early May in Rome

Early May is tricky, it could be 55, 65 or 70 degrees. We have had complete sun some years and a bit of rain in others. It also depends on what you consider cold. I wear a short sleeve polo shirt everyday and never feel cool. My wife puts on a light sweater if it gets below 60.

I suggest light clothes with the ability to layer if you feel the cold or it rains.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes for Early May in Rome

I've seen Mays that were really very chilly, but other years we've had heat waves already in May. I would plan on summer clothing, but with slacks and some long-sleeved shirts, and a few sweaters (at least one of which is warm), and a wind-and-water-resistant jacket, preferably with a hood. Check the long-range forecast just before your travel so that you can make last-minute changes. Take several pairs of very sturdy, well broken-in walking shoes.

3. Re: Clothes for Early May in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 02:15